Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell Inspiraion Laptop Won't Boot, Half Keyboard Inop, Speaker Clicking Sound  (Read 3256 times)

selvaluna

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    My Dell Inspiration laptop will not boot up past the initial windows loading screen. For a little while it had been getting to the login screen, but not now. 

Half the keys on the keyboard do not work, whole right half.  So, even when it would get to the login screen I couldn't type in my password.  We plugged in an external keyboard and that worked fine, until it stopped booting past the loading screen...

The cursor is erratic.

The speakers are making a clicking sound occasionally like the dilophasaurus in Jurrasic Park. Usually on start up.

I did drop it last night but not from very high up. Could be a virus maybe?  I don't have any antivirus right now because I was stupid... I was in the middle of switching antivirus software.

Is there anything I can do at home to help it?  It is brand new, only a couple months old, no warrenty though because I got it refurbished off Ebay.  Windows 7 operating system.