Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem with Palm Pilot  (Read 2258 times)

rdouek

Problem with Palm Pilot
« on: September 20, 2005, 05:26:21 AM »
Hello ???
I have a Palm Pilot III which I bought back in 1998 and still use today - but I recently threw away the computer I use to sync it with and want to instead transfer all the information on it to a Palm Vx that I obtained from a friend. The issue is that I do not know how to do this given (a) my new computer does not have the original desktop software to connect to my Palm III, (b) my new computer does not have a serial cable connector, (c) the Palm Vx has a different connector which also does not connect to my new computer, and (d) I do not have the software to run the new Palm Vx. Lastly, I am keen to basically transfer all the info on my Palm III into my Microsoft Outlook software, and then get the new Palm Vx to uptake all the info from my updated Outlook (which will contain in particular all my address book from my old Palm III) and so sync going forwards with Outlook. Is anybody able to help me? Thanks a lot in advance. Rony

pcdoc4christ

Re: Problem with Palm Pilot
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 06:24:25 PM »
RDouek:

Purchase a serial-to-USB adapter or serial-to-FireWire adapter (depending on what type of port your new computer has) so you may connect your Palm Pilot to your new computer and upload the files.

Best regards,
Doc