Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer separating my music files-help  (Read 2841 times)

lizd812

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer separating my music files-help
    « on: April 17, 2012, 07:34:24 PM »
    I am very much a beginner with computers, but I have a problem with my files. I dont know how it happened but one day all my files on my computer and external harddrive starting breaking down the files. My music files in the beginning had the song in the correct folders for the artists. Now when you open the files for each artist each song is listed but then the album art is in a separate icon below it and sometimes a desktop ini icon is below the album art icons. Its very hard to find music when over 3000 songs are broken down to miniscule bits. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it? I appreciate any help possible even if its a stupid question. Thank you.  Liz :)

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Computer separating my music files-help
    « Reply #1 on: April 18, 2012, 12:00:24 AM »
    Just a thought, usually the desktop.ini file is hidden. It is used by Windows to determine how a folder should be displayed.
    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/show-hidden-files-and-folders-in-windows-vista/
    Try following this step by step guide to managing your hidden folders. Instead of "Show hidden files and directories" press "Do not show hidden files and directories." Then hit OK.
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

lizd812

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Computer separating my music files-help
      « Reply #2 on: April 18, 2012, 11:19:50 AM »
      I tried your website and it worked! Thank you so very much for your help! I know it seems small and insignificant but you helped me immensely! I cant thank you enough! Have a wonderful day!! Liz D   ;D