Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Random 2 beep sound!  (Read 2682 times)

ShaneTFletcher

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • If In Doubt, Check It Out
  • Experience: Experienced
Random 2 beep sound!
« on: April 19, 2012, 01:44:06 AM »
Hey all,

So, I installed some new RAM (2x4gb) into my HP G62 laptop a few months ago and it works great. I re-installed the O/S (Windows 7 Home Pre 64bit), sorted all the drivers out, updated them and installed software's such I needed like anti-virus. However, when I installed COMODO Internet Security my laptop keeps beeping. I installed COMODO Dragon and there system cleaner software as a package.

As this 2 fast beep sound was still happening, I deleted ALL COMODO softwares off my laptop with Revo Uninstaller and CCleaner the rest of the files.

Still, at this point! I have the beeping sound yet again!

My first thoughts was the memory I installed does not like my laptop but then I thought, well it cant be that because it didn't happen when I installed the RAM! it only happened when I installed all the COMODO softwares?

I will try and delete software's which I think might be the curse of this but if someone can suggest something which might help, please comment!

Oh, just 1 more thing. Around 3 weeks ago, I have the blue screen of death. The error code which appeared was either a graphics card driver problem or memory problem. I re-installed all the graphic card drivers and updated them, after this I have had no BSOD anymore.

Thanks

ShaneTFletcher
If In Doubt, Check It Out

ShaneTFletcher

Topic Starter

Rookie
  • If In Doubt, Check It Out
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Random 2 beep sound!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 02:00:43 AM »
I have found where the sound is coming from.

The beep sound is from the hard drive but only it only happens when I move the laptop suddenly or putting it down. The beep is a single 1 beep.

I did some hard drive tests a bit ago and everything passed?
Does this mean my laptop is going to die every soon?
If In Doubt, Check It Out