Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Uninstalling Publisher and installing a newer version  (Read 2796 times)

dgreen

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Beginner
    Uninstalling Publisher and installing a newer version
    « on: April 26, 2012, 11:19:58 AM »
    I've tried to uninstall Publisher '97 from my laptop which runs windows 7 and has office 2010 (but no publisher)
    I had an old cd with publisher 97 so I decided to try and use this version but it is not as good as the 2010 version.
    So, I uninstalled it (at least that's what I assumed happened) but when I tried to install publisher 2010 it said that another version was already installed so it was unable to install 2010.
    I've tried to search for any old publisher files (I found three dated .../.../96) so I tried to delete these but they could not be found in the same location (very strange as they came up in the search).

Can anyone help me get rid of the old publisher 97 so that I can install the 2010 version.
    Thanks.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Uninstalling Publisher and installing a newer version
    « Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 06:36:28 AM »
    Publisher 2010 should be able to install regardless of whether a previous version is installed.  What exactly was the error message?

In any event, if you're stuck, reinstall Pub '97, then use something like Revo Uninstaller (the free version) to get rid of it thoroughly.

http://www.revouninstaller.com
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos