Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Desktop 90 degrees out of line  (Read 3354 times)

GNSS

Topic Starter

Rookie

Desktop 90 degrees out of line
    « on: April 26, 2012, 06:16:00 PM »
    Gateway 507Gr P4 3.0Ghz 182 HDD 1.99 RAM Win XP Home Version 2002 service pac 3

My desk top is 90 degrees out 0f line.  Not my task bar, but my whole desktop.  How do I return it to normal.  I was in Computer Hope trying to find out what region my DVD player would play and my computer froze.  I tried alt control delete and nothing happened.  I turned off power and turned it back on.  When my computer came back on my desktop was 90 degrees out of line.  Thanks for any help!

rotate

Greenhorn

• USA
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Guru
      Re: Desktop 90 degrees out of line
      « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:04:35 PM »
      There appears to be a lot of finger-problems lately!

1. Hold down Ctrl and Alt and press one of the four arrow keys (up, down, left or right) to correct it.

2. Alternatively, you may have a Rotation setting in the display properties of the graphics card.

3. Or try restoring the system to an earlier date.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-desktop/desktop-display-screen-is-turned-90-degrees/f4a5e96b-5a60-4cfd-94b5-6d3f3d831884
      USA

GNSS

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 01:45:42 AM »
        Hello again!  I want to thank you for your help.  I wasn't able to use alt ctr and the arrow keys and make it work.  I don't know enough to check on anything inside my computer so that didn't work.  I was alble to go to restore and get the computer to go back to day one.  It has taken me almost a full day to remove Norton Security, McAfee and the rest of the programs I never use.  I then had to install Avast and my favorites, but I now have a computer working properly.  Many thanks for your help!

How do I make a donation in gratitude to Compute Help?

GNSS

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 01:56:16 AM »
          My computer is now part of folding.  Again, thank you very much!  I will say good bye for now.  Adios!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 05:16:22 AM by patio »