Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Abode Reader Updater.  (Read 3378 times)

snookerglen8

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Familiar
    Abode Reader Updater.
    « on: April 28, 2012, 02:30:11 PM »
    hi everyone, ARU fails to update, keep getting "Error 1321.  The installer has insufficient privelages to modify the file C:/ProgramFiles/Common Files/Abode/Activex/pdfshell.dll". Any help would be appreciated, thxs.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Abode Reader Updater.
      « Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 03:00:15 PM »
      Rather than advise you re Adobe reader i am going to go another route option. I don't know if you have reached the frustration point yet caused by Adobe incessantly alerting you to updates (both reader and flash). For me it got to be intolerable. When i mentioned this fact on a CH forum post recently a senior member shared the frustration re Adobe products and in the case of Reader suggested an alternative =Foxit Reader".
      http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/addons.php
      I have used it since installing it with no issues. It seems to handle all that Adobe reader did. The big advantage is i don't stay awake now at night concerned that i have "missed" an Adobe update..My life has become much more tranquil. I suggest you do likewise.truenorth

rotate

Greenhorn

• USA
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Guru
        Re: Abode Reader Updater.
        « Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 03:01:30 PM »
        Download and install Adobe Reader.
        USA