Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP Officejet 6500A Plus Wireless Scanning question  (Read 6698 times)

02bin3

HP Officejet 6500A Plus Wireless Scanning question
« on: April 29, 2012, 02:29:38 PM »
I would like to scan multiple documents and save them to one file, however, I can't seem to figure out how to do this with this printer.  I downloaded the 250 page manual for it and under the Scan topic it doesn't tell you how to do this.  It only tells you how to Scan and save one document at a time.   Does anyone out there have this printer and have you figured out how to do this.  My last printer was an HP that was one step down from this one and I had no problem finding multi document scanning directions on line for that.  Thank you

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: HP Officejet 6500A Plus Wireless Scanning question
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 07:09:51 PM »
My HP 6500 gives me a bad time. It works, but not the way I wish. If I use the HP resolution enter I find a area where I can scan several documents at once. But in my favorite Photo Editor I can only do them one at a time by hand.
And lately it is telling me the printer is disconnected when it is not. It looks like I will have to install it again.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 07:34:20 PM »
OK. I am back. Turned off the HP 6500 and the laptop. Wait a bit. Turn both back on and try again. This time the HP center will come up when I click its icon as seen in the screenshot below. That is the only way it will do multiple scans for of a mufti-page document. As far as I know.

02bin3

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 03:04:14 PM »
Thank you for your reply, however, the HP 6500 and the HP 6500A Plus have totally different Solution Center pages.  I had the HP 6500 before this printer and had no problem putting multiple documents in one file, but this one is totally different.  Actually, when I click the Solution Center Icon on my desktop, it tells me that my printer isn't connected to the computer, however, if I click on another HP Icon on the desktop, it brings up the Solution Center.??????  Weird.  I did finally find a solution to the problem at this link:
 http://bit.ly/HPscan2011 
It takes a while to load the webpage, but it is the solution to the problem the manual does not cover.  Thanks again

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
  • Geek After Dark
    • Gekk9pm bnlog
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 03:08:36 PM »
Thanks for sharing.