Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer is real slow. Nee d Help  (Read 3213 times)

truejazz

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer is real slow. Nee d Help
    « on: April 30, 2012, 07:56:24 PM »
    Avast virus says system is clean., Superantivirus says its clean.
    Hard drive has  50 gigs of free space. Just ran combofix. beolw is result:

« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 06:20:10 AM by Allan »

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Computer is real slow. Nee d Help
    « Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 06:20:47 AM »
    I deleted your log and moved your post out of the malware section for now. Please explain your problem IN DETAIL - including EXACTLY what the problems are, when they began, what led up to them, and tell us about your system.

truejazz

Topic Starter

Starter

Re: Computer is real slow. Need Help
      « Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 10:54:18 AM »
      Computer ran slow and was infected with 6 viruses avast could'nt  remove. Realscheduler.exe was one. I formatted system drive and re installed win xp pro. I now have Panda antivirus as 1st line and Avast antivirus 2nd line. Avast gives this option. It was running at the same speed prior to adding Avast. I also have Superantspywarepro.I know somethings still wrong because of how programs close. When I close a program or window it starts deleting the window from left to rt top to bottom slow enough to notice. That's the behavior I see when a computer has a virus or is low on storage. Again, both av say the system is clean and   there is 64.5 gigs of free space on the  drive that has windows installed.

namsnice

Beginner
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 11:05:15 AM »
      First of all you are using two antivirus programs. Using more than one antivirus programs same time having both resident may cause conflict, causing system to run slow.

i advice you to uninstall one of them...
      do a restart, and look for the effect.
      Best Regards
      Nams

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 11:12:21 AM »
      NEVER have more than one anti virus application installed. Pick the one you want and completely uninstall the other.

namsnice

Beginner
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 11:39:55 PM »
      i will prefer to keep avast...
      as besides being free, it has a nice detection and killng rate...
      on the other hand it provdes boot time scan...an upper hand over its counterparts.....the webrep as linkscanner and sandbox to install files in a virtually isolated environment (presently for internet explorer only).....
      yup it has bit slow scanner engine when you go for full scan. but its easy to use UI is too good for entry level users easy to use yet have suffic features. the nice thing included it has p2p shield too.....it's another matter that v don't recommend to use p2p clients as they are the biggest virus spreading media.....
      Best Regards
      Nams

truejazz

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 09:29:32 AM »
        Removing panda av did not speed up computer. I ended up reinstalling windows again and I now have Kapersky AV. It runs much better.

soybean

Genius
        • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 03:09:46 PM »
        Removing panda av did not speed up computer. I ended up reinstalling windows again and I now have Kapersky AV. It runs much better.
        Well, most likely, your computer is running much better because you formatted and reinstalled Windows, not because you're running  Kapersky AV.  Nothing againt Kapersky AV; it's a fine AV program but it's most likely simply not the reason for your improved computer performance.