Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Poll

...I don't know how to remove this

Author Topic: Unable to load games on Shockwave.com.  (Read 6126 times)

Ladytron

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Unable to load games on Shockwave.com.
    « on: April 25, 2012, 11:21:35 PM »
    Hi I'm new here. So I hope I'm posting this in the right section...

I am unable to load games on Shockwave.com. Some games I can load ( Super Text Twist®, Daily Jigsaw , (just to name a few) , and then some I can't load (JigsawParty, Monkey Quest).  I have been trying for almost 3 weeks (or more), to fix this probably. I've contacted Shockwave Help. They've basically gave up on me, and told me there's nothing they can do (in so many words). So I'm at a lost here. I don't know why I can't load games on Shockwave. I've tried just about everything.  :'(

Here are the things Shockwave Customer Support told me to do:

1. They told me to uninstall, then reinstall both Adobe Flash Player, and Adobe Shockwave Player...

(This actually worked. But, I wanted to clear my browsing data (cache/cookies, etc.), and then it stop working again, for some reason. I don't know if that had something to do with it.)

2. They told me to visit this link (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html), and to follow the steps...

(That didn't work.)

3. They told me to try to use a different browser (Internet Explorer), and see if the game will work...

(That didn't work. I'm using Chrome, just so you know.)

4. They told me to Update my Windows software by going to Windows Update...

(There were no updates, so that didn't work. Unless I can manually update whichever software I want.)

Next, I went to Yahoo Answers to get help, because nothing was working. Someone suggested I download CClean. I was told to Uninstall Chrome, and uninstall any other broswer (not including IE), and then run CCleaner.

Here's a photo of what was cleaned:

This is what happens when I try to load Jigsaw Party/or Monkey Quest:

With IE...

I get the advertisement, and then after the screen goes blank.

With Google Chrome...

I'll get to the "Connect..." screen, then nothing happens, and I'm stuck on that screen. Or I'll get the "Connecting..." screen, and then a message saying: "Service is down. Please try again later." However, just recently, I've been getting this message:

I've been trying to get help from different forums. :'(  Can you guys please help me?  |V|  If you can't I'll understand, but at least let me know if you can or not.  :'(

Thank you.  :'(

Ladytron

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: Unable to load games on Shockwave.com.
      « Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 03:39:04 AM »
      I'm finally able to load games on Shockwave!  ;D   Thank you Lisa_Maree!!!

Here's what I did:

I downloaded/installed Mozilla Firefox browser. Then I uninstalled both Adobe Flash Player, and Shockwave Flash Player. Then I restarted my computer, and re-installed both Players. Then opened the Firefox browser, went to Shockwave.com, and it said I needed to install both Players (for some reason). So, I let it install the Players again. After that, I was able to load the game I wanted.

Thank you again, Lisa. I truly appreciate it.  :)

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Unable to load games on Shockwave.com.
      « Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 06:01:09 AM »
       ???    ???
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "