Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: External Graphics Card help  (Read 2232 times)

Pres G

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    External Graphics Card help
    « on: May 06, 2012, 06:03:31 PM »
    Hi all! I sure hope someone can help me out here. I recently read about external graphics cards for laptops. I came across the ViDock that holds a regular sized graphics card. I have a Dell Inspiron E1705 with an express card slot. I believe the Vidock will work but the website does not show which computers it will work with. Does any one have any experience with this? And if it does work..how powerful of a graphics card will I be able to run with it? Do I need to upgrade my memory as well? Oh and one more question..is there any thing out there like ViDock but cheaper?  I am looking at $249 just for the dock with out the graphics card.
    There are the specs for my laptop
    Intel Core2 CPU T5300@ 1.73 GHz, 2.0 GB Ram, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400

I have read that I could replace my graphics card..my model does not have it attached to the motherboard..but I am to scared to take it apart! lol
    And please don't say buy a new one..this laptop works awesome besides the bad graphics card!

I appreciate the help!
    Thanks