Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BSODs - HiJack This Log Inside  (Read 9211 times)

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    BSODs - HiJack This Log Inside
    « on: May 07, 2012, 04:31:33 PM »
        My computer will give BSODs ever since I--as far as I know--accidentally pulled out the monitor cable behind the computer tower. I put it back in and all, so maybe that's not the cause, I just don't know how it started. But if a HiJack This log tells you what you need to know to help me, I've attached it. I don't want to give you any erroneous info, I just want the BSODs to end so I can actually use my computer for more than 5 minutes before it gets another BSOD. (which is what happens anytime I'm not in Safe Mode) I'd like this handled ASAP, as soon as someone can. Thanks!

HiJackThis log: http://www.computer-juice.com/forums/attachments/f49/1755d1336151015-bsods-hijack-log-inside-hijackthis.zip

P.S.
        I don't want to mislead anyone with any BSODs that -may- not matter, but in case it helps in conjunction with the attached HiJackThis log, examples of BSODs stop errors and mentioned filenames I got include:
        The driver is mismanaging system PTEs. (I uninstalled and manually reinstalled the latest NVIDIA graphics driver as a result of this BSOD)
        DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
        tcpip.sys
        REFERENCE BY POINTER
        rr172x.sys
    MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS

P.P.S.
    Something I've been wondering about as a possible cause is that in Device Manager, under Processors, it lists four "Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.06GHz" items with yellow triangle exclamation(!) marks by their icons, as seen from this screen capture:
    http://i46.tinypic.com/2mcvbsn.jpg
    I've been wondering if it's safe to uninstall the [nonexistent?] drivers for those to possibly improve something? Thanks

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: BSODs - HiJack This Log Inside
    « Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 04:36:11 PM »
    Download BlueScreenView:
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
    unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
    when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
    Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
    Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 06:02:43 PM »
      Download BlueScreenView:
      http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
      unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
      when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
      Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
      Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply
      Unfortunately it doesn't turn up any BSODs. :-( It doesn't even seem to scan for anything after I open the .exe.

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 06:30:14 PM »
      Something I've been wondering about as a possible cause is that in Device Manager, under Processors, it lists four "Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 3.06GHz" items with yellow triangle exclamation(!) marks by their icons, as seen from this screen capture:

DLoad and re-install your MBoard chipset drivers...no need to remove the old ones.
      Re-boot afterwards.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 09:07:01 AM »
        DLoad and re-install your MBoard chipset drivers...no need to remove the old ones.
        Re-boot afterwards.
        I tried to Google the answer to this for a while so I could avoid asking it here, until I decided to just give up and ask here: How do I determine the motherboard or chipset of my computer? For example it's possible the drivers I need are somewhere on this general site..
        http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/Xeon1333/#604
        ..but I'd need to know the name of my chipset to download the appropriate drivers.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 11:40:34 AM »
          Here is a link to a free utility that when performed will give you an exhaustive list of all the hardware components of your computer. It should answer the specifics of your motherboard thus allowing you to search for and find the appropriate chipset driver that patio is referring you to. I would recommend that once the scan is complete that you print out all the resultant data as chances are it will come in handy for future use and problem solving.
          http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
          truenorth

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 05:02:56 PM »
            Here is a link to a free utility that when performed will give you an exhaustive list of all the hardware components of your computer. It should answer the specifics of your motherboard thus allowing you to search for and find the appropriate chipset driver that patio is referring you to. I would recommend that once the scan is complete that you print out all the resultant data as chances are it will come in handy for future use and problem solving.
            http://majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
            truenorth
            I had found out that my chipset is Intel E7505, but the problem is that every download I can find for it, whether on the Intel site or any other download site, only gives me a infinst_auto.exe that checks for drivers automatically, but that never seems to do the trick. When I Google the chipset to try and download the driver itself, not the driver-searching software, I always get the searching software. I'd like the direct Intel E7505 chipset driver itself.

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »
            Its the MBoard manuf. chipset drivers you want...not the specific chipset itself....did you determine who's MBoard it is ? ?

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 05:12:18 PM »
              Up to now you have not indicated what your operating system is. Here is a link for the Intel E7505
              http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Chipsets&ProductLine=Workstation+Chipsets&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+E7505+Chipset
              However the listed O/S is up to and including XP so if it is Vista or Win 7 then it is not applicable.
              truenorth
              Just read patio's last reply so deal with his point 1st.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
              • Certifications: List
              • Computer: Specs
              • Experience: Expert
              « Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 05:17:29 PM »
              SuperMicro X6DH?-???
              Fill in the rest for us.  It should be written right on the motherboard.
              You can also find it with this utility;  www.hwinfo.com
              Choose 32-bit or 64-bit version depending on your OS.

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 05:21:49 PM »
                Its the MBoard manuf. chipset drivers you want...not the specific chipset itself....did you determine who's MBoard it is ? ?
                The OS is Windows 7, and the Motherboard is: Tyan Computer Corporation S2668 Tiger i7505

Computer_Commando

Hacker
                « Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012, 05:36:16 PM »
                http://www.tyan.com/archive/products/html/tigeri7505.html

This is a 6 year old motherboard which not have support for Win7.  You won't find the chipset drivers here.  You may be able to find them on Intel's website.

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 05:43:19 PM »
                  http://www.tyan.com/archive/products/html/tigeri7505.html

This is a 6 year old motherboard which not have support for Win7.  You won't find the chipset drivers here.  You may be able to find them on Intel's website.
                  Then I think the past few posts refer to something I did hours ago. I did all that the Intel site could do for these drivers, I installed them, it asked to restart, I did so, and the Device Manager still showed those 4 processors as yellow "!"s. Although we don't know if those "!"s are the cause of my BSODs, which is my concern.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
                  « Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012, 05:51:50 PM »
                  The BSOD's could be due to the installation of improper drivers.  That's why Allan said to reinstall the chipset drivers.
                  They are here:  http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/chpsts/e7505
                  None are for any OS past WinXP.  You may not be able to use Win7 on this computer.
                  Has it ever worked correctly with Win7?  If yes, then delete all the yellow flagged ones in the Device Manger & let Win7 resinstall them.  I will happen automatically after you delete them & reboot.

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012, 06:35:59 PM »
                    That's the
                    The BSOD's could be due to the installation of improper drivers.  That's why Allan said to reinstall the chipset drivers.
                    They are here:  http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/highlights/chpsts/e7505
                    None are for any OS past WinXP.  You may not be able to use Win7 on this computer.
                    Has it ever worked correctly with Win7?  If yes, then delete all the yellow flagged ones in the Device Manger & let Win7 resinstall them.  I will happen automatically after you delete them & reboot.
                    Yeah that's the site that doesn't help me, as it only gives me a driver-search tool, not actual drivers. I was wondering if deleting the yellow flagged icons would do the trick, I just didn't want to try it until someone suggested it. I deleted them now.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
                    « Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012, 06:49:09 PM »
                    You have to click on the link Download Drivers & Software.

The Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility installs INF files that inform the Windows* operating system how to configure the chipset for specific functionality such as AGP, USB, Core PCI, and ISAPNP services.

**Note**
                    This is the last version of the Intel® Chipset Software Installation Utility that supports the Intel® 810/815/820/830/852/855 Chipset families, as well as the Intel® 840/860/E8870 Chipsets.

**Important**
                    The Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility provides functionality for AGP and USB, not drivers for AGP or USB. DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS UTILITY IF YOUR DEVICE MANUFACTURER IS RECOMMENDING IT TO CORRECT AN "AGP DRIVER," "AGP GART," OR "USB DRIVER" ISSUE; IT WILL NOT CORRECT YOUR ISSUE.
                    « Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 06:59:17 PM by Computer_Commando »

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2012, 07:22:17 AM »
                      After restarting my computer, those 4 flagged icons are now gone, the processors appear as normal, but it didn't solve the BSOD issue, so it was just a red herring (?) anyway. I'd still like help dealing with the BSODs, perhaps from any of the things I attached earlier like the HiJackThis log and the stop error messages. Thank you

Computer_Commando

Hacker
                      « Reply #17 on: May 09, 2012, 10:33:51 AM »
                      Before sending you over to the Virus & Spyware forum & since you didn't copy & paste the Hijack This logs here and no one here will download linked files, the BSOD referred to tcpip.sys.  Reinstall latest Win7 drivers for your LAN.  Since your Tyan mobo is not supported by Win7, you will have to figure out what the LAN chip is & then find the appropriate drivers.  Device Manger should tell you what it is.

patio

• Genius
                      • Maud' Dib
                        • Yes
                      « Reply #18 on: May 09, 2012, 02:24:46 PM »
                      Trying to bottlefeed it Win7 is the real issue...
                      Bite the bullet and go back to Vista XP or Win2k.

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2012, 05:48:27 PM »
                        Win7 worked on this computer for at least a year and counting, so I know the OS is okay. (As the front post states, for some reason this started happening when I noticed the LCD monitor's cable had come out of the back of the tower after I was moving wires around back there--not inside the computer, but simply in my working area here--simply changing where some plugs go for better organization in my work area. I put the cable back in where it fits, which I assume is correct because the LCD is the same as it's always been. The problem seems very undeserved. I would have just left the plugs where they were if I knew there was some BSOD risk but it's too late for that)

Moving on to the newly-suggested route of searching for the Win7 drivers for my LAN: There's a LAN section here http://www.tyan.com/archive/support/html/drivers_support.html that I got to from my mobo's page here http://www.tyan.com/archive/products/html/tigeri7505.html which as dxdiag tells me is a "S2668 Tiger i7505" but there's no LAN driver download there for the S2668--which may not be what I'm after anyway, as I'm after Win7 drivers for the LAN, but you must understand I'm a complete newb about this stuff. (and I usually get downloads of products like DriverDetective.exe as I did now) I'm no stranger to Googling and research, but my own newbness on the topics are the reason I ask if anyone can do the search for me and point me to the correct Win 7 'driver' for my LAN, now that you know that my LAN chip is a S2668.

Lastly, the HiJackThis log I attached before:

_______________________________________ _______________________________________ __
                        Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
                        Scan saved at 10:20:33 AM, on 5/4/2012
                        Platform: Windows 7  (WinNT 6.00.3504)
                        MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.7600.16912)
                        Boot mode: Safe mode with network support

Running processes:
                        C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
                        C:\Windows\system32\ctfmon.exe
                        C:\Program Files\WinRAR\WinRAR.exe
                        C:\Program Files\Phyxion.net\Driver Sweeper\Driver Sweeper.exe
                        C:\Program Files\Phyxion.net\Driver Sweeper\Driver Sweeper.exe
                        C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
                        C:\Program Files\POP Peeper\POPPeeper.exe
                        C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
                        C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HiJackThis.exe
                        C:\Windows\system32\DllHost.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                        R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.gaiaonline.com/profile/privmsg.php
                        R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
                        R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                        R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
                        R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
                        R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
                        R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
                        R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
                        R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
                        O2 - BHO: SnagIt Toolbar Loader - {00C6482D-C502-44C8-8409-FCE54AD9C208} - C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 9\SnagitBHO.dll
                        O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
                        O2 - BHO: Trellian BHO Impl - {24180B00-2EB6-11d7-BD6F-004854603DCE} - C:\Program Files\TRELLIAN\Toolbar\toolbar.dll
                        O2 - BHO: Search Helper - {6EBF7485-159F-4bff-A14F-B9E3AAC4465B} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Search Helper\SEPsearchhelperie.dll
                        O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office14\GROOVEEX.DLL
                        O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In SSV Helper - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll
                        O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
                        O2 - BHO: AdblockIE - {90EFF544-3981-4d46-85C9-C0361D0931D6} - mscoree.dll (file missing)
                        O2 - BHO: URLRedirectionBHO - {B4F3A835-0E21-4959-BA22-42B3008E02FF} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office14\URLREDIR.DLL
                        O2 - BHO: Bing Bar BHO - {d2ce3e00-f94a-4740-988e-03dc2f38c34f} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar\Platform\6.3.2348.0\npwinext.dll
                        O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
                        O2 - BHO: Adblock Pro - {F385C231-605B-4d8f-ACA9-DBFF765BBE17} - C:\Program Files\Adblock Pro\AdblockPro.dll
                        O2 - BHO: Hotspot Shield Class - {F9E4A054-E9B1-4BC3-83A3-76A1AE736170} - C:\Program Files\Hotspot Shield\HssIE\HssIE.dll
                        O2 - BHO: SimpleAdblock Class - {FFCB3198-32F3-4E8B-9539-4324694ED664} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Simple Adblock\SimpleAdblock.dll
                        O3 - Toolbar: Snagit - {8FF5E183-ABDE-46EB-B09E-D2AAB95CABE3} - C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 9\SnagitIEAddin.dll
                        O3 - Toolbar: Trellian &Toolbar - {71AAABE5-1F0F-11d7-BD6F-004854603DCE} - C:\Program Files\TRELLIAN\Toolbar\toolbar.dll
                        O3 - Toolbar: @C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar\Platform\6.3.2348.0\npwinext.dll,-100 - {8dcb7100-df86-4384-8842-8fa844297b3f} - C:\Program Files\MSN Toolbar\Platform\6.3.2348.0\npwinext.dll
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISW] "C:\Program Files\CheckPoint\ZAForceField\ForceField.exe" /icon="hidden"
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [{0228e555-4f9c-4e35-a3ec-b109a192b4c2}] C:\Program Files\Google\Gmail Notifier\gnotify.exe
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [WinampAgent] "C:\Program Files\Winamp\winampa.exe"
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware] "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe" /starttray
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCSSync] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\BCSSync.exe" /DelayServices
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Microsoft Default Manager] "C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Search Enhancement Pack\Default Manager\DefMgr.exe" -resume
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MSC] "c:\Program Files\Microsoft Security Client\msseces.exe" -hide -runkey
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PC Pitstop Optimize Scheduler] C:\Program Files\PCPitstop\Optimize\PCPOptimize.exe -boot
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IntelliPoint] "c:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe"
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes2\iTunesHelper.exe"
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HostManager] C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\1318193146\ee\AOLSoftware.exe
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APSDaemon] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
                        O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StereoLinksInstall] "C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvstlink.exe" /install1
                        O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [GrpConv] grpconv -o
                        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Second Copy] "C:\Program Files\SecCopy\SecCopy.exe"
                        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX8400 Series] C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATICEA.EXE /FU "C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\E_S3AF3.tmp" /EF "HKCU"
                        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [EPSON Stylus CX8400 Series (Copy 1)] C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\E_FATICEA.EXE /FU "C:\Windows\TEMP\E_S5822.tmp" /EF "HKCU"
                        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
                        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim] "C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe" /d locale=en-US /HIDEBL
                        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Messenger (Yahoo!)] "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YahooMessenger.exe" -quiet
                        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
                        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Skype] "C:\Program Files\Skype\Phone\Skype.exe" /minimized /regrun
                        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [POP Peeper] "C:\Program Files\POP Peeper\POPPeeper.exe" -min
                        O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ooVoo.exe] C:\Program Files\ooVoo\ooVoo.exe /minimized
                        O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
                        O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
                        O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [Sidebar] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Sidebar\Sidebar.exe /autoRun (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
                        O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\RunOnce: [mctadmin] C:\Windows\System32\mctadmin.exe (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
                        O4 - Startup: !       Dropbox.lnk = Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
                        O4 - Startup: !  7 Taskbar Tweaker - Shortcut.lnk = Andrew\Downloads\Setups\7 Taskbar Tweaker.exe
                        O4 - Startup: ! 0 shMozilla Firefox.lnk = C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
                        O4 - Startup: ! Schedule.lnk = ?
                        O4 - Startup: AIM.lnk = C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
                        O4 - Startup: CapsUnlock.lnk = C:\Program Files\CapsUnlock\CapsUnlock.exe
                        O4 - Startup: Dropbox.lnk = Andrew\AppData\Roaming\Dropbox\bin\Dropbox.exe
                        O4 - Startup: Microsoft Outlook 2010.lnk = ?
                        O4 - Startup: Pidgin.lnk = C:\Program Files\Pidgin\pidgin.exe
                        O4 - Startup: ShortKeys 2.lnk = C:\Program Files\ShortKeys2\shortkey.exe
                        O4 - Startup: Trillian.lnk = C:\Program Files\Trillian\trillian.exe
                        O4 - Startup: Windows Live Messenger .lnk = C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
                        O4 - Startup: Yahoo! Messenger.lnk = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\YahooMessenger.exe
                        O4 - Startup: zzzz!      NVIDIA Control Panel - Shortcut.lnk = ?
                        O4 - Startup: zzzzzz2Thinking Out Loud Document - Shortcut.lnk = ?
                        O4 - Global Startup: Snagit 9.lnk = C:\Program Files\TechSmith\Snagit 9\Snagit32.exe
                        O8 - Extra context menu item: &Block This Image (ABP) - C:\Program Files\Adblock Pro\blockimg.html
                        O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office14\EXCEL.EXE/3000
                        O8 - Extra context menu item: Se&nd to OneNote - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office14\ONBttnIE.dll/105
                        O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
                        O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
                        O9 - Extra button: PalTalk - {4EAFEF58-EEFA-4116-983D-03B49BCBFFFE} - C:\Program Files\Paltalk Messenger\Paltalk.exe
                        O9 - Extra button: OneNote Lin&ked Notes - {789FE86F-6FC4-46A1-9849-EDE0DB0C95CA} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIELinkedNotes.dll
                        O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: OneNote Lin&ked Notes - {789FE86F-6FC4-46A1-9849-EDE0DB0C95CA} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\ONBttnIELinkedNotes.dll
                        O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
                        O9 - Extra button: Adblock Pro Preferences - {E7FD3540-AB30-40f1-91E7-101F733C1FD5} - C:\Program Files\Adblock Pro\AdblockPro.dll
                        O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Adblock Pro Preferences - {E7FD3540-AB30-40f1-91E7-101F733C1FD5} - C:\Program Files\Adblock Pro\AdblockPro.dll
                        O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
                        O10 - Unknown file in Winsock LSP: c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\wlidnsp.dll
                        O16 - DPF: {5D6F45B3-9043-443D-A792-115447494D24} (UnoCtrl Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/MessengerGamesContent/GameContent/Default/uno1/GAME_UNO1.cab
                        O16 - DPF: {8100D56A-5661-482C-BEE8-AFECE305D968} (Facebook Photo Uploader 5 Control) - http://upload.facebook.com/controls/2009.07.28_v5.5.8.1/FacebookPhotoUploader55.cab
                        O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MessengerStatsPAClient.cab56907.cab
                        O16 - DPF: {D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000} (Shockwave Flash Object) - http://fpdownload2.macromedia.com/get/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab
                        O16 - DPF: {F5A7706B-B9C0-4C89-A715-7A0C6B05DD48} (Minesweeper Flags Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/MineSweeper.cab56986.cab
                        O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{BC15F31D-E33B-4757-AD32-B84B6C07C5E3}: NameServer = 10.36.128.1
                        O18 - Protocol: avgsecuritytoolbar - {F2DDE6B2-9684-4A55-86D4-E255E237B77C} - (no file)
                        O18 - Protocol: skype4com - {FFC8B962-9B40-4DFF-9458-1830C7DD7F5D} - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\Skype\SKYPE4~1.DLL
                        O18 - Filter hijack: text/xml - {807573E5-5146-11D5-A672-00B0D022E945} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\OFFICE14\MSOXMLMF.DLL
                        O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: FencesShellExt - {1984DD45-52CF-49cd-AB77-18F378FEA264} - C:\Program Files\Stardock\Fences\FencesMenu.dll
                        O23 - Service: 1261135487 (.1261135487) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\1261135487\Andrew1261135487L.exe (file missing)
                        O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
                        O23 - Service: Adobe Flash Player Update Service (AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
                        O23 - Service: AOL Connectivity Service (AOL ACS) - AOL LLC - C:\Program Files\Common Files\AOL\ACS\AOLAcsd.exe
                        O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
                        O23 - Service: Autodesk Licensing Service - Autodesk - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Service\AdskScSrv.exe
                        O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
                        O23 - Service: Cepstral License Server - Cepstral, LLC - C:\Program Files\Cepstral\bin\CepstralLicSrv.exe
                        O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Acresso Software Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
                        O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Service (hshld) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Hotspot Shield\bin\openvpnas.exe
                        O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Routing Service (HssSrv) - AnchorFree Inc. - C:\Program Files\Hotspot Shield\HssWPR\hsssrv.exe
                        O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Tray Service (HssTrayService) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Hotspot Shield\bin\HssTrayService.EXE
                        O23 - Service: Hotspot Shield Monitoring Service (HssWd) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Hotspot Shield\bin\hsswd.exe
                        O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
                        O23 - Service: MBAMService - Malwarebytes Corporation - C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
                        O23 - Service: mental ray 3.8 Satellite for Autodesk 3ds Max 2011 32-bit 32-bit (mi-raysat_3dsmax2011_32) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2011\mentalimages\satellite\raysat_3dsmax2011_32server.exe
                        O23 - Service: mental ray 3.5 Satellite (32-bit) (mi-raysat_3dsmax9_32) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 9\mentalray\satellite\raysat_3dsmax9_32server.exe
                        O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (nvsvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Windows\system32\nvvsvc.exe
                        O23 - Service: Skype Updater (SkypeUpdate) - Skype Technologies - C:\Program Files\Skype\Updater\Updater.exe
                        O23 - Service: NVIDIA Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service (Stereo Service) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\3D Vision\nvSCPAPISvr.exe
                        O23 - Service: TabletServiceWacom - Wacom Technology, Corp. - C:\Program Files\Tablet\Wacom\Wacom_Tablet.exe

--
                        End of file - 13946 bytes

Computer_Commando

Hacker
                        « Reply #20 on: May 09, 2012, 06:42:02 PM »
                        Onboard LAN appears to be:
                        Integrated LAN Controller (option)
                         • One Intel® Ethernet Controller
                            - Intel® 82540EM GbE or 82551QM 10/100 LAN
                            - Operating at 32bit/33MHz PCI bus

Intel will have a Win7 LAN driver.  http://developer.intel.com/design/network/drivers/
                        Don't see Win7 drivers.

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 11:46:43 AM »
                          Sorry, could I please get a link that leads to the direct driver file that's most recommended for me to download/install? Perhaps a url that ends in .zip or .exe? (Even if not a Win7 one, perhaps the latest version before that) I ask this not out of laziness but out of a newbness/lack of confidence in what I'm specifically after. If it's not too much trouble. :)

EDIT: Oh wait, I think I just realized LAN refers to the internet connection? I just remembered I had a driver-searching software that found something for that, that I didn't choose to install because my internet is fine and I didn't want to break it, so I went ahead and installed that [LAN?] driver now. It installed this: http://www.driverswizard.com/html/176698.html
                          « Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:59:26 AM by andrewset »

Computer_Commando

Hacker
                          « Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 03:12:16 PM »
                          Have the BSOD's stopped?

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2012, 04:37:21 PM »
                            Have the BSOD's stopped?
                            Unfortunately no. :(

I'm using the computer in Safe Mode right now to talk to you. For whatever reason, my computer just doesn't create and -has- never created crash dumps. Whenever I get a BSOD, several times a day these days, it always claims to be "Initializing crash dump..." but it never does, it's just frozen, which I know for sure because I even let it run overnight one time and it was simply that screen in the morning too. I assume this lack of creating crash dumps is the reason we never have .dmp files and why BlueScreenView doesn't show any stop errors. I do remember something in Control Panel showing stop errors, like a long listing of info and possible clues about the stop errors at each time they occurred in the day, maybe something like 'Event Viewer'. (I checked that now but it doesn't show anything, probably because I'm in Safe Mode) I can also give you any information appearing on the stop errors themselves. I never bother to record the long numbers like 0x000... etc., though I can start doing it if it helps you because I'm so desperate to end this long ordeal. If it helps, to add to the many stop errors I shared with you before, the most recent stop errors include:
                            CLFS.sys
                            BAD_POOL_CALLER

Computer_Commando

Hacker
                            « Reply #24 on: May 10, 2012, 06:22:21 PM »
                            No BSOD's in Safe Mode indicates a bad or corrupted driver or service.
                            Maybe some help here:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/90f70c91-25f3-46c9-aab3-1902f77ec180
                            How to remove CLFS error
                            http://www.file.net/process/clfs.sys.html
                            This driver seems to be related to Windows logging.

Don't click on any of the links on the page given, they seem to be mostly ads for free registry checking.

Maybe time for a Windows 7 Repair Install
                            http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

andrewset

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 03:16:36 PM »
                              No BSOD's in Safe Mode indicates a bad or corrupted driver or service.
                              Maybe some help here:  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itprogeneral/thread/90f70c91-25f3-46c9-aab3-1902f77ec180
                              How to remove CLFS error
                              http://www.file.net/process/clfs.sys.html
                              This driver seems to be related to Windows logging.

Don't click on any of the links on the page given, they seem to be mostly ads for free registry checking.

Maybe time for a Windows 7 Repair Install
                              http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/3413-repair-install.html

Yes! As far as I know I figured out the culprit was "Microsoft IntelliPoint", an unnecessary mouse-related driver/software sort of thing. I found out using the msconfig "clean boot" strategy http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 shared with me by someone from a help board, and it makes sense because I recently switched mouses between my laptop and desktop, which I didn't realize to be a recent hardware change because it's a mouse this desktop had already, also a Microsoft mouse, so it slipped under my mental radar when I tried to figure out if I've installed any new hardware recently, so then I uninstalled "Microsoft IntelliPoint" from my Control Panel Programs list. I'd say the msconfig "clean boot" strategy is awesome for nailing BSODs quick! Obviously not in all cases, but as the #1 step or one of the first steps. I hope my experience may be able to help you help others with BSODs even more efficiently by suggesting that strategy early on, if that's a good idea. This can help minimize drastic suggestions related to reinstalling OS's. Thanks so much! :)