Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer needs to be rebooted twice  (Read 3446 times)

fahim356

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    computer needs to be rebooted twice
    « on: May 17, 2012, 09:00:15 AM »
    Hi evry1!
    I am having this problem from a month now. My computer hangs in the first boot and then needs to be rebooted again. After 2nd reboot it works normally. This happens every time i switch on my computer. Plz help.

reddevilggg

Expert

Re: computer needs to be rebooted twice
    « Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 09:15:47 AM »
    What is your computer? The more information you can provide, the better.
    11 cheers for binary !

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 09:22:58 AM »
    What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

At what point does the boot process hang?

What happens if you boot to safe mode - does that work properly?

Darthgumby

Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 01:21:37 PM »
      My computer does this too - before Windows boots, and during the computer's self-test.  I often hang up there, but every time when I turn off and back on, the second time always boots fine.  I see no other issues and use the comptuer all the time without problem.

My advice to you would be to keep the computer in standby (sleep) mode when not in use - then when you do go to turn it back on it should not have this problem.  If you do need to turn off and restart, just be aware it may need to go through twice.
      There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that the ship has sailed, and that only a fool will continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool.

Salmon Trout

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 01:43:35 PM »
      The topic heading suggests two "re" boots are needed, but the OP's post sounds more like a failed first boot followed by a successful one. There is a common thing called the "cold boot problem" and very often a failing or overloaded PSU is to blame.