Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hardware monitor shows high temperture.  (Read 4339 times)

jeremysdad

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Hardware monitor shows high temperture.
    « on: May 17, 2012, 10:00:10 AM »
     My desktop PC is custom built. mother board Asrock A770DE+. AMD Sempron 140 processor- 4096MB DDR2-SDRAM- ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series video card-Psu is Rosewill 80 plus green series 630 watts.- OS is Windows 7 ultimate. I have installed Speed Fan to monitor voltage and temperatures. PC's hardware monitor shows cpu -125c/257F. Speed fan shows system 126c. CPU 33c-HD31c I installed PC wizard to check readings. This program shows -core1 33.5c - GPU 31c - HD 29c. I installed CPUID Monitor to check information.-CPU 34c- GPU 33c- HD 30c. I am also receiving odd voltage readings. I paniced and installed a new power supply -same make same wattage. I am still getting odd voltage readings.Voltage readins would not be capable of starting PC if they were actual. All fan readings seem to be fine. CPU fan speed 4687 rpm- chassis fan speed 2033 rpm.- PSU fan speed 1640 rpm. I have removed cpu fan and installed a higher performing fan. Nothing feels hot to the touch,I receive these readings 15 seconds after a cold start up. Sorry for the length. Please Help.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: Hardware monitor shows high temperture.
    « Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 10:02:45 AM »
    DLoad and install Speccy and compare the Temp readings...

Somethings wrong...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jeremysdad

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2012, 12:08:23 PM »
      I downloaded Speccy (nice program) it shows cpu temp. @ 37c-, the gpu @ 31c,-the HD @ 32c. Voltages on MB,-Mem. controler-o.808--the +3.3v= 2.816v--the +5v=0.528v --vin5+1.808v,--vin6=1.320v. Thanks for your quick responce.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: May 17, 2012, 08:33:43 PM »
      Thermal problems would always show signs of slow or shutting down. HWMonitor software might be corrupted and needs to be reinstalled. You can install 2 to 3 hardware temperature softwares for cross reference.  SIW, Speedfan, Speccy(installed) and HWMonitor are all reliable for these purposes.

jeremysdad

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 09:41:37 PM »
          I have now, 4 other programs on this PC besides the program in set-up (hardware Monitor) to check voltages and temperature. all of the programs are within 1 or 2 degrees of each other. All of the fan speeds are pretty much equal. I'm trying to figure out why the computers hardware monitor is showing the CPU temp. = -125c/257f  M/B temp.= 126c/258f. and some strange voltages. I have not had any problems with PC being slow or shutting down.  I just have a habit of checking system frequently.,which is why I caught this issue. I reset CMOS to maybe get rid of these funny readings, to no avail.The PC shows these Imposable readings at start up.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
        « Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 01:04:53 AM »
        I'm trying to figure out why the computers hardware monitor is showing the CPU temp. = -125c/257f  M/B temp.= 126c/258f. and some strange voltages
        Have you tried reinstalling it then? Unless you are talking of the BIOS hardware monitor temp.... in which your mobo must have a certain feature. That is where I would look first.

jeremysdad

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 08:58:00 AM »
          Bios Hardware Monitor is the one showing CPU=127c and M/B=126c. I have removed and reinstalled the downloadable monitor programs. I have the M/B manual, What feature are you refering to,and where would I find this feature. ???

jeremysdad

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »
            I am not receiving the help information that would help me figure out what I need to do to fix my problem in this forum. I will ask in software forum. Thanks for your help anyways.