Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7: issue with installation  (Read 2582 times)

sethg311

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows 7: issue with installation
    « on: May 23, 2012, 09:49:13 AM »
    I have a Hp pavillion Dv7 series,
    I had just installed diablo 3  which is a pretty big game. I believe when I had installed the game, it started to run slow. Hadn't done a reformat in a long time, so i reformatted it with the hp recovery disk. To add one more detail i have window 7 64 bit

Took about an hour when it came to the party of process "setting up the first use of your computer" it then went to an alert with a ding noise
    "Windows could not complete installation.  To install windows on this computer restart the installation.

I tried reformatting three times, one of the times it didn't even take disk 2 but that is irrelevant.

So far the steps I have to fix this is:
    I went into the bios put everything into default
    I went to run diagnostic and an a Startup test and everything passed component wise

If any one knows how to fix I would be so thrilled
    thankyou for your time

carlos1001

Beginner

• Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Beginner
      Re: Windows 7: issue with installation
      « Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 08:12:53 PM »
      Have you tried reinstalling from the recovery Partition? I was thinking mabey their is a problem with your recovery disks. You can only do this if you haven't deleted your recovery partition. If you want to try, at startup where the bios screen is showing look for something like "press f10 for recovery," or "press f11 for recovery" It depends from computer to computer. On my HP I use to press f11.

Carlos