Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How would I be able to save my files and videos without having trouble?  (Read 9405 times)

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Beginner
    Im back again. I do have a question. As many of you know, Ive had a lot of problems with my computer. Well, I would like to know something. Is there anyway that I can download videos, download webpages and websites AND save them w/o doing any harm to my computer? I say this because when I saved my webpages and websites last time as well as saving my videos to realplayer, my realplayer stopped working and my computer was very slow. Is there anything I can do?

menmegirlz

Stop downloading the xxx videos

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Well, i dont download any xxx videos. All it is television or sports sites.

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Can someone please help me with this problem?

Computercare

Rookie

don't visit the bad sites and  do check the virus.

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

This is my mistake because Im not being clear. What I mean is that would I be able to save the webpages, websites and videos by creating my own page like this:

http://jack-wwwsuperbowlgreatness.blogspot.com/

All it has is the links of the webpages,websites and videos that I like. Do you think thats ok? What would you do?

winner

Starter
              • Certifications: List
              • Experience: Experienced
              Simply saving links on your computer won't harm it, or you could just bookmarks or favorites them all in a separate folder to make it more organized.

The part that I get confused is that, you want to make a webpage. Where do you want to make a webpage, offline in your hard drive or make one in blogger/blogspot?

If you're planning of creating it on blogspot just like the one in the link you've posted, I think it's better you signup for a bookmarking website like delicious to save all your bookmarks. As making such website which contents only links will lead Blogger/Blogspot to detect your blog as spam, and eventually get deleted...you will lose all your saved links.

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

ok, I will try that.Delicious, is that the name of the website for bookmarking? Whats the internet address?

soybean

Genius
                • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
                • Computer: Specs
                ok, I will try that.  Delicious ... Whats the internet address?
                www.delicious.com.  You may want to add a "bookmarklet" button to your browser's toolbar to make adding links to your Delicious account a bit easier.

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Winner and Soybean, I have tried Delicious and it works great!!! I was able to download Delicious w/o a problem and I did add a bookmarklet button as well.

I do have 1 question. Can I save Youtube videos on Delicious and if I can how? I've tried but the problem is when youtube yanks a video that I have saved on Delicious, it doesnt work for me. Is there a way around that? Can I save a video from youtube on Delicious? Also, if youtube yanks the video, is there somehow a way that I can save the video, so when youtube yanks the video, I already have it saved?

Im sorry for rambling. I think repeated myself once or twice there. Sorry about that.

soybean

Genius
                  I don't know what you mean by "yanks".  Saving a link in Delicious for a youtube video is the same as saving a link to any web page.  Saving a link in Delicious is like saving link in your browser (Favorites/Bookmarks); using Delicious just makes your links available to  you from any computer.  In other words, you're saving a link to the website, not saving the whole web page or video.

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Can I save the whole web page or video using Delicious?  If not, is there another site I can do that?

soybean

Genius
                    No, and no.  Besides, there's no need to save the whole web page or video.  You have Internet access and they are always available on the Internet.

Jack Catalano

Topic Starter

Intermediate

I should have explained my question better. What I was trying to say is that is there a website like realplayer or Windows Media Player that I can use so I can save videos on it?

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
                      • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
                        • Yes
                        • Yes
                        • BC-Programming.com
                      • Certifications: List
                      You can use something like DownloadHelper or other browser add-ons to download youtube videos.
                      I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.