Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Trying to find standard operating temps, video card  (Read 2494 times)

Mayuukosan

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Trying to find standard operating temps, video card
« on: June 01, 2012, 06:47:12 PM »
My video card is a AMD Radeon HD 7750.

I am trying to find the documentation for the standard operating temps for my video card. Is there a site for this? I tried looking at the AMD site where I get the drivers but I can not find anything that says what the standard temps should be. Idle it is about 40c, while playing games it goes up to about 60c, but I have seen it as high as 70c. I think this is fine but I am trying to troubleshoot a problem and want to be sure.

Mainly I am just wondering if there is somewhere to find standard operating temps for any hardware (some sort of compilation site) but if not, where would I find the information? I tried to google it, but all I could find was people running overclock tests. I suppose I used incorrect terms. Which terms should I use to search?

Thank you!

giardmi09

Beginner

• Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Trying to find standard operating temps, video card
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:03:19 AM »
Hello!

I think those temps seem just fine for a video card. Video cards have been known to handle much higher temps than processors can. My nVidia GTX 560 S.C. will get to about 68c sometimes while gaming. What you need to search for is the "thermal specification" for your card. I know that Intel and AMD publishes thermal specifications for their processors, but it may be difficult to find this information for your video card.

Good luck

Mike

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:09:43 AM »
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Mayuukosan

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2012, 10:09:07 AM »
What you need to search for is the "thermal specification" for your card.

Oh okay. I was searching *running temperature*. Good to know the correct term, thank you.

See Here...

I did not find that, you are great!