Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help with Computer Gaming Setup  (Read 2272 times)

Resonance123

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Help with Computer Gaming Setup
    « on: June 01, 2012, 05:47:06 PM »
    Now I actually do not know much about computers but I have recently been reading a website about the different essential components for a PC setup and so I only know the very basics. Anyway, one example of a good gaming setup around $1,000 was this:

http://www.gamingpcbuilds.com/build-a-custom-gaming-pc-1000/

I was wondering if the parts mentioned in this setup are compatible with each other and would you recommend any upgrades provided the cost remains around $1,100 - $1,150 no more? Also with regards to the case, how do I know what size case to buy to 'contain' the computer (I know there are examples offered on the web page but I might want to look at different ones, ones with a window in them like the Antec DF-85)

Finally, how would I be able to insert neon lightings inside the computer case so that it can be seen through the window of the computer case?

Thank you very much (Y)

Ryuk

Adviser

Re: Help with Computer Gaming Setup
      « Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 03:49:26 AM »
      There are still a lot of unknowns here.  What is your budget too work with?  Is that the unit you want to build or did you have parts in mind?  What OS?  What will you use the machine for in addition to games?  Yes, you can get all most like a tube shaped neon light for around $30.  I think you Velcro it in.  Stuff like that generally, makes the inside of the case warmer so you need a good cooling system too.

Resonance123

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 04:00:17 AM »
        Budget - £1,150 ($1767)
        According to the website, the cost of all the parts costs about $964 when buying used but I will be buying new parts so it'll probably cost around $1,150 with the new parts

Unit - Well thats the first unit I saw that actually looked nice but of course, i'm unsure whether more improved parts would be needed

OS - Windows 7 but i can buy a different operating system if need be

Purpose - Mostly playing games but I will also be using it for facebook, email, youtube (just general internet browsing)

And with the cooling system what would you recommend?

badai_nila

Rookie

• ~.-SmAlL mAn In ThIs BiG wOrLd-.~
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Experienced
        « Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 08:22:14 AM »
        with ur budget, i think this sysytem will suite u. it was a giveaway reveiw but the spec are awesome. all info have in the link below n i think this monster will enough for beginner like u. enjoy

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-gxi220-review-and-giveaway/
        All It Matter Is Pure Heart And Sincerity