Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How to remove Findal Draft PDF Converter as default print option?  (Read 3328 times)

jonnyD

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Currently, when I try to print something from the web, when I hit CTRL + P and the Print dialogue box opens, for some reason the default printer name shows Final Draft PDF Converter, not the HP printer that I use. I have gone into Control Panel>Printers & Faxes and my HP printer is checked as the default.  And when I go to print form the web and choose the HP printer from the drop-down menu in the Print dialogue box, the next time I print from the web, the HP printer setting is not "remembered" by the system, the printer name reverts to Final Draft PDF Converter again.

I do have Final Draft on my computer but have never printed from it. Why would the settings have changed, and more importantly, how do I set my HP printer as the default for web printing?  By the way, I have no problem with Word documents - the HP printer comes up as my default printer.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: How to remove Findal Draft PDF Converter as default print option?
    « Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 07:23:28 AM »
    If you don't use it i'd un-install it...

Some apps are just stubborn to work with.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jonnyD

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 09:42:35 AM »
      I have been using it and just saving the document.  Haven't had a need to print with it, though.  Sounds like I'm stuck  :(

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 03:07:11 PM »
      I don't think you understood my reply...
      Nor do i understand you stating you use it but you don't...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "