Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB storage detected but the Drive couldn't be found  (Read 3837 times)

kwfine

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    USB storage detected but the Drive couldn't be found
    « on: June 03, 2012, 10:48:49 AM »
    Hi all,

I was doing my homework in a computer room in my school.
    When the homework was done, I plugged in my USB flash drive (2GB) to the computer.
    The computer said new USB drive was detected, so I doubled clicked my Computer, but I couldn't see
    my USB flash drive.
    I unplugged my USB drive and plugged it to another computer in the same computer room, but the strange thing happened again. The computer just said then same thing, "new USB drive was detected", but I couldn't see my USB flash drive.

I was wondering if the administrator had done something to the user permission that I couldn't see the flash drive.

Could someone give me some idea please.

Thank you.

Kitty.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: USB storage detected but the Drive couldn't be found
    « Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 11:09:50 AM »
    Check to see if it shows up in Disk Management after powering down and re-plugging it...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

zeroburn

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
      • Yes
      • Jared Kat Enterprises
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: USB storage detected but the Drive couldn't be found
    « Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 11:21:36 PM »
    Sometimes, windows takes a long time to recognize flash drives, because it has to find a driver for it, and depending on the brand, this can take a while. so maybe it was just that it was not getting the driver by the time you unplugged it.
    I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.