Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my computer wont boot  (Read 3689 times)

badai_nila

Topic Starter

Rookie

• ~.-SmAlL mAn In ThIs BiG wOrLd-.~
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
my computer wont boot
« on: June 05, 2012, 05:51:32 AM »
1st at all i apologies if this question as i search there are several same case but with detail different. so i hope open new up will not break the rule. I'm new here n got to know this site in makeuseof page. so i will paste my question there in here n hope to find a solution that can be make by myself. many thank for help n advice in advance.

My PC cannot boot. I have tried all the options in the manual as well as common stuff but nothing happens. When I power on my PC, all components are running but nothing appears on screen – just a blank screen without any error message.

I have tried to diagnose it myself. First I tried changing the hard drive but nothing happens or boots at all. Then I tried changing the IDE cable but nothing happened also. Then I switched the CPU to an old one that i have nothing happened. I then tried to use a display adapter rather than on-board graphics and nothing happened. Lastly I tried to unplug all cables to the hard drive and optical drive, unplugged the RAM and switched on. Nothing happened, no nag screen, no blue screen, no beeping sound due to RAM missing or what not just nothing at all.

The system, including power lights, is on. All hard drives and RAM is running, CPU also run, fans are all okay but nothing appears on my screen. What could be the problem?! Thanks!

here a detail about it

okay here a more detail on my problem.. last know reason before it behave like this is i install hard disk power wash n at the end of installation i not unchecked at "run this program" n click okay. then my PC crash n restarted itself. then a day after that the symptoms happen i tried many thing but not minded inside chasing. then after a day of “sleep” walla. it can reboot on to window n i take that advantage to reformat the system n reinstall all program except the one that i don't use before. the system all green for 1 day. fully function. but after that when i want to boot last 2day i got the same symptom happen again. so this time i brave myself to diagnose inside chasing. i remove all cable at 1st n start, nothing happen including any beeping sound. none at all. so i tried to insert ide cable only n left power out, same also. then i tried change the hard disk. nothing happen also. then tried to replace CPU to old one. nothing happen also. i also tried other monitor that i have spare, same symptom. i tried all kind of action include clear cmos, clean the inside, remove unnecessary item and still nothing. but today before i came to my sister to update in this issues, i tried to boot, luckily it boot n show i need to reset all thing in dos since i clear all thing. so i set all back n choose "load system fail safe" to default setting n adjust some that i don't need. but sadly after it save n exit. i cant reboot back to windows or even dos n the symptom happen again. but this time i saw the primary cdrw ROM not functionally when ide cable is insert n the slave dvdrom light turn on without blinking at all. but when i remove ide it back to normal. so i wanna know how to detect malfunction power supply, bad motherboard, or ide cable not good or any other issue. i really appreciate all respone.. do ask if any question u want to know that help u to help me. i will reply soon. thank

additional info is my PC running on Pentium 4 1.8ghz 1GB ddram windows xp pro 32bit n have (removed) nividia vanta display adapter good condition  n have (removed) nividia geforce 4 grafix card that have malfunction n now use onboard display from sis mirage graphic adapter. the unfamiliar behavior is my ps2 slot fro keyboard n mouse cannot be used n if used it cannot boot to windows( before my PC crash like this), now when i plug secondary ide to primary cdrw rom n secondary dvdrw rom nothing happen to primary n secondary ROM light is turn on without blinking or turn off, n it happen i cannot open up the tray or rather it not functional or respone to my command. n my power indicator also light up with the battery power light also light without blinking or turn off. when i unplug the secondary ide from motherboard the both rom can be functionally like open the tray n the light blinking n then off.

i have no spare of mother board n power supply. so please give me some "hope" that able me to recover my pc without the need to involve money cause I'm jobless now. really appreciate all info and hope. any info are welcome and I'm can follow any instruction involve to diagnose or repair it other then need to make modify or any wiring. any info u need kindly ask n if i able to online, i will update to u back. thank
All It Matter Is Pure Heart And Sincerity

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
Re: my computer wont boot
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 06:02:49 AM »
Are you saying the display is completely blank and never changes when you turn on the system? If so, have you tried a different display?

badai_nila

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2012, 06:13:02 AM »
yeap totally blank n i switch the monitor also. no respone at all. all hardware are running but the blinking light at monitor blink slowly. when i turn off pc if blink quit fast like usual. any idea of what possibly happen or cause it?

Allan

• Mastermind
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2012, 06:55:07 AM »
Sounds like either the monitor, the cables to the monitor, or the video card. But that's just a guess.

badai_nila

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2012, 11:09:10 PM »
but i switch the monitor with spare, also same. n i used onboard display.. is that mean my onboard or rather motherboard itself is corrupt or broken? anyway to find or configure it?

zeroburn

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 12:02:34 AM »
The problem could simply be a bent pin in the motherboard VGA socket, because something similar happened to me a while back, and a lot of patience used later, i managed to use tweezers to get the pin back in place.
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

badai_nila

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2012, 07:19:19 AM »
i used onboard... but yesterday i remove my motherboard n get it underbright light to see any leaking, i do find 1 capacitor or what they call it the round tall thing, arround it  i found yellowish liquid but no sure if it came from it. but since i tried all method in booklet n the helpfrom site.. so i figured it just motherboard the culprit althought i not sure yet... but thank for many help n info.. from this issues althought it make me loss a pc. but in the other hand i now know how to assemble a pc from a scrath n not limited to software conflict in the past. so all thing have pro n contra. so in my problem. i wonder if save if i close this thread. maybe other will have other thought on it. maybe will let it for a while maybe.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2012, 07:21:49 AM »
Leaky capacitors are not good...have them replaced at a shop or you need a new MBoard...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

badai_nila

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2012, 08:35:15 AM »
it can be replace? but im not sure if that capacitor is leaking althought i find a yellowish liquid near it. im not have saving right now, too bad can't get it too pay tech guy that always not honest. if minor they said bad n so on. that why i really hoping to solve my self... but is there a any way to be sure the motherboard is the problem? thank

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2012, 08:40:23 AM »
It is the problem...

badai_nila

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2012, 08:42:48 AM »
owh... thank.. then i should close this up since it dead end n solved already... thank

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2012, 08:59:26 AM »
There are shops that will do repairs at board level such as replacing capacitors...
Not something i'd attempt myself without the proper equipment.

badai_nila

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2012, 09:09:52 AM »
neither me.. i will let the pro handle it since it need souldering n such. n not to mention will burn the entire board.. so i will keep myself out of it... but thank for the info.. will keep that in mind... n when budget is enough will get pro to help