Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Cannot format my sd card  (Read 6227 times)

xxxThiefxxx

Topic Starter

Cannot format my sd card
    « on: June 11, 2012, 07:54:26 PM »
    Hello guys I have one sd card that cannot be formatted... I just want to format it, I don't want to save or recover any files... I tried following

1. Tried to format it by putting fat, ntfs, check fast formatting, uncheck fast formatting and all other combinations there but nothing worked. The message is always: "Windows unable to complete the format"

2. I went to Disk Management and there it showing my sd card with black line (The normal is blue) and saying 969MB, Unallocated. Then I pressed right click on it --> New simple volume and when I clicking to format (either as FAT, either as FAT 32, with checked Fast Formatting or not, or even without formating) I have this message "The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error"

3. I tried by going to cmd and writing "chkdsk /r" this not helped too

4. Tried by writing on the cmd "Format E:".. The output was "Insert new disk for drive E: and press ENTER when ready..." I pressed enter and then this message appear:

The type of the file system is RAW.
    The new file system is FAT.
    Verifying 0M
    The specified cluster size is too big for FAT.

5. I tried by downloading the SDFormatter from micro sd official site but it say that my sd card is not supported.

6. I tried to use the MiniTool Partition Wizard Home Edition but there just write bad disk and that the type is logical. I cannot use any button

7. I tried to check for error by clicking right click on sd card --> Properties --> Tools --> Error Checking --> Check now but it says that the check could not be performed because sd card is not formatted. Format it now? If I press yes i go to problem 1.

I don't now what else i can do. Please help...

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Cannot format my sd card
    « Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 10:37:54 PM »
    Sorry to say, but the card is dead.