Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet crashing on certain downloads/programs  (Read 2299 times)

Raizoth

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Internet crashing on certain downloads/programs
    « on: June 20, 2012, 12:08:06 PM »

Dell

Processor: AMD Athlong 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+  2.70GHz

Ram: 4.00 GB

System type: 64-bit

Internet: Wireless, (Verzion Highspeed DSL) 54.0 Mbps

Adapter: Linksys Compact Wireless-G USB adapter
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem:

My internet has been giving me problems since the day I got it. The problem I am hoping to be able to fix is it crashing

whenever peer to peer data transfer is being used. My adapter will crash completely and is only fixable by restarting the

computer. I've had this problem with pando media booster, any form of torrent, several game patchers(such as league of

legends), and maplestory seems to cause it to crash aswell. After searching on the internet I read that it may be

something about the number of peers sharing data or, too much bandwidth use. I tried updating/reinstalling the driver for

the adapter and I disabled the computer from turning the adapter off to save power with no success. I tried getting a new

modem and router and that didn't help at all either. Not quite sure how else to go about fixing it... any suggestions?

Raizoth

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: Internet crashing on certain downloads/programs
      « Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 12:47:34 PM »
      Tried seeking help in the chat but was met by a childish smart *censored*.