Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dell Video problem  (Read 2287 times)

gmcfan

Topic Starter

Beginner
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Dell Video problem
    « on: September 24, 2005, 10:10:54 PM »
    I bought a Dell Optiplex GX110 off of ebay a couple months ago. I installed win98SE on it, and got the rest of the drivers I needed off of the Dell website.

A couple days ago I installed Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, and when I go to play, I can't see anything.  Everything is milky and washed out. I tried adjusting the video setting in the game, but no go. I have no idea what video this thing has in it, it's integrated into the motherboard. I went into the system properties to see what the card was, and all it says is "Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller"

Is there any way to find out exactly what kind of video this thing has, or what?

Fed

• Sage
      • Experience: Experienced
      Re: Dell Video problem
      « Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 10:39:43 PM »
      Is there any way to find out exactly what kind of video this thing has, or what?

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/sb/CS-009140.htm

No known issues with MoH AA.
      http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/cs-010467.htm

Make sure you have the latest drivers.
      « Last Edit: September 24, 2005, 10:51:35 PM by Fed »

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 11:43:21 PM »
      I believe the GX110 which uses the i810 only has offiially 1 meg RAM and the rest is allocated from system memory up to about 12 meg max. I can't see that being able to play any of today's graphics intensive games well. It should work perfectly well with all applications OTHER than games. The processor upgrade path is generally limited to about 1 Ghz as well, so no gaming joy there as well.

These were designed as business machines and do that extraordinarily well, although I prefer the GX1 obviously as the graphics are discrete chips, not shared memory.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 04:59:07 AM »
      Onboard videocards mean nothing but trouble for unexperienced players.