Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: every web site change generates an IE Error:"IE has stopped working"  (Read 3831 times)

Magigal

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

90% of the time I open a new website ,no matter whether I am in AVG search or AOL search or IE search to get to the new website, I get an error from IE stating...."IE has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working .Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
    Then it closes . This has been happening for 2 months and I have spent many hours trying to resolve this issue by myself , with no luck.
     Many thanks for trying to help me.
     Magigal

HP  Pentium    32 and 64 bit
    Vista Home Premium  with service pack 2
    IE 8
    AOL  mail service
    AVG free edition 2012

truenorth

Guru

Re: every web site change generates an IE Error:"IE has stopped working"
      « Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 02:53:41 PM »
      I do not really see the relationship to AVG and your IE8 browser difficulties.One is a virus protection tool and the other is a browser. If you desire to keep the current version of internet explorer (8) then you could try a reinstall of . Also you could install another browser and see what happens. There are many available and people have their personal favorites. After IE the probable most common one is Mozilla (specifically Firefox) . My personal favorite is Opera. Should you desire to try and repair the current installation here is a link to a very good guide to the process.I suggest reading all of it to best deal with your issue.An initial step that may get it working again is to disable all add-ons.
      http://www.brighthub.com/computing/windows-platform/articles/44681.aspx
      truenorth

Magigal

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

Re: every web site change generates an IE Error:"IE has stopped working"
        « Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 11:21:55 PM »
        Thank you, True North.
              I will check the web site you suggested.
        (Memo.the only relationship with IE that Avg has is I have the AVG  search function and mentioned that ,  as the problem happens with any of the search bars I try .)
             Magigal