Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IOS Development Help?  (Read 6279 times)

geewhiz

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
IOS Development Help?
« on: June 25, 2012, 03:34:39 PM »
I'm looking for a good guide for developing programs for routed iphones. Either that or a good book on developing IOS apps in general. I've been using java emulators to run programs I punch out until now. The method works fine for simple programs but falls flat when trying to get into things like background task running and spring board capability. All help is appreciated.
Press the button and hope nothing explodes.

mountainLion

Greenhorn

• Experience: Expert
    Re: IOS Development Help?
    « Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 05:04:50 AM »
    routed iphones??? what's that?  did you mean rooted iPhone?
    "I've been using java emulators " iOS development has nothing to do with java emulators. If you havn't already done so, you need to learn Objective - C first before you consider develop for iOS devices, and learn to use Xcode.
    iMac OSX, Macbook Air Mountain Lion, Home make PC Windows 8 Preview Compaq Laptop Windows 7 and Windows 8, Dell Laptop Linux Ubuntu.

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
    • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • BC-Programming.com
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 09:07:22 AM »
    From Apple:

Applications may only use Documented APIs in the manner prescribed by Apple and must not use or call any private APIs. Applications must be originally written in Objective-C, C, C++, or JavaScript as executed by the iPhone OS WebKit engine, and only code written in C, C++, and Objective-C may compile and directly link against the Documented APIs (e.g., Applications that link to Documented APIs through an intermediary translation or compatibility layer or tool are prohibited).
    I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

mountainLion

Greenhorn

• Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 05:29:11 PM »
      Rule No 1 in developing iOS apps. Thou shall not offend the Apple God!or you will be burned alive!!  :o
      iMac OSX, Macbook Air Mountain Lion, Home make PC Windows 8 Preview Compaq Laptop Windows 7 and Windows 8, Dell Laptop Linux Ubuntu.