Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Beware of Cleverbridge BIOS updater  (Read 3536 times)

japiejo

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Beware of Cleverbridge BIOS updater
    « on: June 29, 2012, 04:58:04 PM »
    I wanted to give my DFI Lanparty box a second change and replaced most of the hardware. DFI went out of the Lanparty business and stopped providing firmware updates such as the appropriate BIOS updates; PHOENIX referred me to  BIOSAGENT.
    I did the test and yes i did need the BIOS update,  I shelled out the nearly 30 Euros and after two days got an email that unfortunately they had mistaken my motherboard for something very similar, there was no update for me, but i could consider myself a member for one year.
    I asked the full and immediate refund for their failing to deliver,  but no success so far. I will file a complaint with their chamber of commerce once i find out which city they are in in GERMANY.

STAY CLEAR.  THIS APPEARS NOT TO BE AN HONEST COMPANY, BUT AN ORDINARY RIP-OFF.

Anyway,  i got a site and a password now which gives me access to ten BIOS updates i do not need within the year. Anyone?
    Cheers!
     ???

truenorth

Guru

Re: Beware of Cleverbridge BIOS updater
      « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2012, 07:49:43 AM »
      Just a bit of advice. Don't know how your Chamber of Commerce work in your country but in Canada going to them for dissatisfaction issues with a company would be an absolute waste of time. Instead if you can find a TV station that has a customer complaint person that will investigate your complaint with the concerned retailer and intercede on your behalf that is often an effective method. Generally the last thing a company wants is bad publicity and once the media gets involved that brings them in line.truenorth

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #2 on: June 30, 2012, 09:35:04 AM »
      Any site/service that asks for money for updated drivers or BIOS's is just a scam...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

japiejo

Topic Starter

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 10:45:26 AM »
        Today, a few weeks into the argument with BIOSAGENT i got confirmation that they accept the claim and will refund.  ;D

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        « Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 10:46:58 AM »
        They're still a ripoff...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "