Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: lettering in menus and under icons is too small how do I resize the lettering?  (Read 6242 times)

rece

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Experience: Familiar
     I have lettering in the menus that is too small I had it bigger but changed something and now the lettering is way too small how do I make the lettering in the menus and under desktop icons bigger? I hjave screen shots of the lettering but don't have a way to attch them to this post
    « Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 01:35:18 PM by rece »

truenorth

Guru

In windows XP it is =control panel/display/appearance/font/select your choice
      truenorth

rece

Topic Starter

Beginner
        that changes the xp I have win 7  and it still doesn't address the lettering in the menus or the lettering under the icons

[year+ old attachment deleted by admin]

Salmon Trout

I have win 7

1. Right click desktop
        2. Personalize
        3. Windows Color
        4. Advance appearance settings...
        5. Dropdown labelled "Item..."

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
        • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
          • Yes
          • Yes
          • BC-Programming.com
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Beginner
        that changes the xp I have win 7  and it still doesn't address the lettering in the menus or the lettering under the icons
        Your image contains neither lettering for menus nor lettering under icons...
        I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

rece

Topic Starter

Beginner
          then it would be called font I guess ....

rece

Topic Starter

Beginner
            itn the item you have listed as number 4 I do not have a "advanced" option or somthing called "item" in the dropdown menu I have. please advice

Salmon Trout

itn the item you have listed as number 4 I do not have a "advanced" option or somthing called "item" in the dropdown menu I have. please advice

1. Right click desktop. Click Personalize on menu.

Then follow sequence...

rece

Topic Starter

Beginner
              ok that works, it was just that you did not mention that I had to use "selected items" you had "items"  just a bit of confusion, on my part I guess we can claim solved on this one thanks!

Salmon Trout

you did not mention that I had to use "selected items" you had "items"

"Item:" is the label of the dropdown. The "Selected items" is just what was highlighted on the image I found on the web. You do not have to choose that one. You choose the thing in the dropdown list that you wish to change. This could be "Icon" or "Menu" or "ToolTip" or whatever.