Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer setup for World of Warcraft  (Read 4984 times)

Rotting Out

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer setup for World of Warcraft
    « on: June 30, 2012, 01:14:27 PM »
    I recently ordered a desktop from the HP website. I mainly ordered it so I could play World of Warcraft smoothly. And I was wondering if it could run it on ultra? It's a HP Pavilion HPE h8-1220t Desktop PC.
    • 2nd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 quad-core processor [3.1GHz, 6MB cache]
    • FREE UPGRADE to 6GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs] from 4GB
    • 1TB 7200 rpm SATA hard drive
    • 1GB DDR3 AMD Radeon HD 7450 [HDMI, DVI, VGA via adapter]
    • 300W Power supply
    • Wireless-N LAN card (1x1)
    • 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB 2.0 (front), 2 USB 3.0 (top)

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer setup for World of Warcraft
    « Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 03:39:49 PM »
    I wouldn't advise WoW on Ultra settings on integrated video. I've burned up a GeForce GPU that way on a laptop and my friend killed his quadcore HP on integrated Radeon HD3000. I'd stuff it with a PCIe video card if you want to go ultra which has a fan on heatsink of the GPU to cool it vs passive integrated heatsink.

300 Watt Power Supply is too low for reliable use with graphics card... you will need to upgrade to like 450 watts at some point.

Kurtiskain

Mentor

• Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer setup for World of Warcraft
    « Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 09:21:18 PM »
    I wouldn't advise WoW on Ultra settings on integrated video. I've burned up a GeForce GPU that way on a laptop and my friend killed his quadcore HP on integrated Radeon HD3000. I'd stuff it with a PCIe video card if you want to go ultra which has a fan on heatsink of the GPU to cool it vs passive integrated heatsink.

300 Watt Power Supply is too low for reliable use with graphics card... you will need to upgrade to like 450 watts at some point.

^ this.
    Also note on my gaming machine (In the specs on the side) I am running WoW 3.5.5a WOtLK in 1080p with everything on max except shadows which are off, and I scrape 60FPS in some areas and my setup isn't exactly slow.