Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Word printing prpblem  (Read 3087 times)

Joe Leyden

Microsoft Word printing prpblem
« on: September 12, 2005, 04:29:34 AM »
Does anybody know if how the printing setup of a document is established. i.e. Are there settings that can be saved in a document that can override those of a local account such as paper size?

I'm having some trouble here with some users having unpredictable printing. On their "Printing Preferences" from Printers and Faxes in Control Panel I've set the paper size to A4 but often the documents are sent as letter. There's a few other things and I'm wondering could it be that the documents that they are opening could be changing the printing preferences, and also if the documents contain printer settings themselves.

Rabbit

Re: Microsoft Word printing prpblem
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 03:04:19 AM »
You could save the document settings you have chosen in a template.  Rename the template Normal 1 (or whatever the default isn't!! normal (which is the name of the file the template for word screen is saved into doesn't let you name over the top - XP may let you though but I haven't tried it.  
Rab

merlin_2

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 04:30:01 PM »
What printer is used?

GX1_Man

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 05:15:41 PM »
Are you sure you want A4?