Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Updating ASUS K42JC BIOS,, HELP :(  (Read 7110 times)

na9r123

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Updating ASUS K42JC BIOS,, HELP :(
    « on: July 15, 2012, 02:30:56 AM »
    Hey all , I have an ASUS LAPTOP ( K42JC ) and I wanted to update the BIOS to ''BIOS 216'' and what I've in my laptop is ''BIOS 208''. Then I downloaded the update from asus.com. After that, I updated it using an external hard drive. When the update finished, I noticed that the laptops fan is working fast and hard and when the windows sign shows , the laptop reboot again. Then, I tried again and again and it reached the desktop then reboot. I used the safe mood and it worked well . Furthermore, I went I saw a list of updates (209-212-214-215-216) and now I've ''BIOS 216'' in my BIOS so I tried to change it into ''BIOS 215'' and I did . Then, the (2 seconds to shutdown) appeared so it did shutdown.. But then its not working at all. I mean really at all . not even one light . The laptop is new, PLEASE TELL ME IF THERE IS ANYWAY TO FIX IT :(

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Updating ASUS K42JC BIOS,, HELP :(
    « Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 07:12:42 AM »
    216 should have fixed the fan problem.  However, it appears the flash to 215 has failed; you probably have to sent it back to Asus for warranty repair.
    http://support.asus.com/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=K42Jc&p=3&s=248