Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: I ball headphones not working properly  (Read 6185 times)

XtrGamer

Topic Starter

Beginner
    • Experience: Beginner
    I ball headphones not working properly
    « on: July 29, 2012, 08:59:26 AM »
    Dear Experts,

My iball headphones have suddenly stopped working PROPERLY. I can hear from both speakers but audio sounds muffled and shrill sounds like voices cannot be heard. This happened suddenly this afternoon. I was playing my game the audio was working perfectly but when I stopped the game and played a movie I could not hear in most parts but in some scenes I could hear pretty well. When I resumed my game I could not hear the dialogues and hitting sounds during combat, only a few muffled sound effects. While playing music also everything sounds muffled and is not clear at all. Why is this happening? How can I fix it? The model is i342MV w/ mike. Also, music sounds totally different. The background sound effects seem to be sound different to the original.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    Re: I ball headphones not working properly
    « Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 09:03:14 AM »
    Un-plug it and re-plug it...

Re-install the drivers and re-boot...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 05:55:00 PM »
    Good evening XtrGamer and welcome

I just looked at the web site and I am not finding drivers (this doesn't mean there is not drivers) but "patio" is correct and I have a couple of idea's that may help ;D

#1... If the headphones are plugged in the front of your PC if this is a "desktop" try plugging them into the rear and if they are already in the rear of the PC try them in front if you have ports for them.

#2... Do the wires look ok? no visible signs of coating missing so you can see metal hanging out or visible?

#3... For testing purposes "mute the mic" if the headphones sounds are normal than the mic is interfering and going bad.

#4... I don't think your headset has this option but do they have "Bluetooth" or is there a new wireless / Bluetooth device installed that the PC does not like now?

#5... Try moving your PC speakers further away if the speakers are not shielded they may be interfering now.   

Hope to hear from you soon, please let us know how you make out, Mike       

Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

XtrGamer

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 02:37:32 AM »
      Dear guys,

thanks for helping me out. I listened to both of ur advice and no, it did not work. But about the wire coating thing mike said, yup i can see a bit of the metal but that is where the wire goes in to the volume control. Due to some applied pressure soem time go, the fastener came loose and I can see the wire as it goes into the volume control.