Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer turns on and then immediately off  (Read 3931 times)

compEngineer0

computer turns on and then immediately off
« on: September 25, 2005, 07:59:48 PM »
just built a new system, 370 watt psu. all was working great for like 2 days continuously and then came home and found it turned off. so i turned it back on and it immediatly turned back off, before monitor lit up or bios appeared. normally i would think overheating or bad psu, but it was running great continuously for 2 days! any ideas?

GX1_Man

Re: computer turns on and then immediately off
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 11:11:48 PM »
I think your diagnoses are the most likely. Try reseating every component and try it again. Do you have another working power supply you could test with after that?

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 05:49:02 AM »
A fan could have failed in the meantime.

Inspect all hardware.

compEngineer0

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 01:40:03 PM »
it seems to be working again now so i'm gonna watch it in the mean time. all the fans appear operational. i'm tempted to rule out overheating b/c if that were the case then i think playing processor intensive games like doom 3 and what not would kill it rather than idle. as for psu, its an antec truepower which i believe are reliable, but i'm not ruling that out yet. if it dies again i'll try a new psu. if any other ideas... let me know! thanks!

Computer_Commando

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 02:15:43 PM »
Could be a power brownout in your area.