Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: A, S, and D keys don't work  (Read 3172 times)

user314

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    A, S, and D keys don't work
    « on: July 10, 2012, 08:44:41 AM »
    Hello

I've been having a problem with my keyboard recently where the a, s and d keys don't respond to input. It happened out of the blue 3 days ago, when they just stopped working. I had no idea what would have caused it, and since this computer is mainly used for gaming, I thought that it was a problem developed from an overusage of them. So I go the entire day using the onscreen keyboard, and the next day the keys are working perfectly. I then had to do the remove-the-battery-and-ac-for-x-amount-of-seconds thing (that apparently fixes lots of problems) to fix a hopefully unrelated issue with the keyboard yesterday, and now those keys don't work again!

I have a Compaq Presario CQ56 with W7 x64

Any help is appreciated, and I'll be happy to give any extra info needed.

quaxo

Guru
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: A, S, and D keys don't work
    « Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 11:14:48 PM »
    Try another keyboard with the computer or try the keyboard with another computer and see if you get the same results.

Salmon Trout

Re: A, S, and D keys don't work
    « Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 12:28:14 AM »
    A Compaq Presario CQ56

Try an external (desktop) type keyboard plugged into the usb port and if those keys work OK on that, you'll probably need to get and fit one of these:

HP Compaq Presario CQ56 CQ62 Laptop Keyboard around $25 from many suppliers:

... or take it to a repair shop

« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 12:48:39 AM by Salmon Trout »