Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Saved Images not showing.  (Read 3346 times)

copespeak

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • My Artist Website
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Familiar
Saved Images not showing.
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:50:06 AM »
I work for a business portal site and am always saving images from the original web site, putting them into Photoshop, prettying them up and posting onto the portal pages. I am right clicking on the image and saving them onto my desktop, and they don't show up. If I do a search to find them, it says they're there on the desktop..... but I can't see them. Help would be much appreciated.  ???

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Saved Images not showing.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 12:50:58 PM »
Do you have some empty space on your desktop?  Based on what you've said, I can imagine you completely filling your desktop.  If that happens and you continue to save images to the desktop, I'm not sure what happens.  Perhaps they are saved but are not visible due to your desktop space being full. 

In addition to files, do you have folders on your desktop?

copespeak

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 04:17:46 PM »
No, there is plenty of room, as I move any keeper files into a folder on the desktop, which eventually go into a deeper folder elsewhere. This has always worked until a few days ago. Other things I drop on there for a time show up, just not the right click/save as ones (... though I have just saved the prettied up images from PS and they are hidden as well). Most peculiar, as they are still there as they come up in a search.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:59:32 PM by copespeak »

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 07:31:18 PM »
If you click some where on the desktop and then hit F5 (to refresh the screen), do the images appear?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »
I think you should create a folder for these photos and then create a desktop shortcut to it but that's just me...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

copespeak

Topic Starter

Intermediate
    • My Artist Website
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 11:39:18 PM »
I am lazy and rarely shut down my computer properly, just hibernate. I shut it down completely today and they all came back. Lesson learned. It was too late to try the F5 refresh to see if that works, but will try that if it happens again. Also a Desktop Shortcut for some of the folders would stop double handling, I like that. Thanks all!  :P
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 11:54:37 PM by copespeak »