Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer freezing  (Read 3420 times)

edmundo

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer freezing
    « on: July 12, 2012, 06:42:35 AM »
    A visitor recently spent 4 hours on my laptop trying to print a Ryanair Boarding Pass. Once all the information was correctly filled in the page froze and the process came to an end.Finally got through to a Ryanair operative who demonstrated that there was nothing wrong with their site and she said that perhaps my computer had some sort of freezing device.
    I would like to clear this up ( I'll be needing a Boarding Pass myself soon! ).
    If anyone has any suggestions I would be most grateful. Incidentally I also have failed recently to upload photos onto 2 sites, being told that my instructions were not understood. Related?
    Thanks for listening.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Computer freezing
      « Reply #1 on: July 12, 2012, 06:56:09 AM »
      Welcome to the CH forums. I would suggest that you download and install another browser and try the process with it. Such as Firefox or Opera. Also access to their site might require either Java and/or Adobe Flash player. Therefore ensure that you have them and that the latest versions are installed. The web server in each case can tell you what software is necessary to access their site.truenorth

edmundo

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2012, 07:50:32 AM »
        Thanks truenorth. I was using Firefox and have Adobe Flash player installed.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2012, 11:51:41 AM »
          Then please try a different browser.Internet explore is an option given that you probably have it or my personal favorite which is Opera. My experience has shown that sometimes using a different browser can overcome this type of issue.Try one and let us know your result.truenorth

edmundo

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2012, 02:05:16 AM »
            Tried Opera, photo uploaded in seconds. Brilliant!
            Many thanks,truenorth.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2012, 07:30:19 AM »
              Your very welcome and use Opera and get to know it. I particularly like their "tabs" function.truenorth