Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Internet always disconnects when trying to upload files, use Skype, webcam, etc.  (Read 3518 times)

Meido

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I can barely do anything on my computer because it always disconnects. When I try to upload big files it disconnects, when I try to use skype and call someone/group call it disconnects and when I try to stream or use my webcam on tiny chat it disconnects. And sometimes when someone else is using a computer or lap top in my house they steal my connection and it disconnects.

I have a Motorola router in my house, and on my computer I use a small Linksys router to get connection. When I first got my computer it never had this problem before, but now I just keeps doing this.

And I restart my Motorola router almost every day and nothing is fixed.

immental1200

Contact your ISP. Ask them for advice, if they don't improve it then ask for new hardware...

You haven't fully explained how its setup, do you have a motorola router, connecting to a linksy router, and then to your PC? That seems pointless. Surely you just run the connection directly from the router connecting to the ISP to anything requiring a connection?

gjmay12

sounds like you are on dialup, not enough up and download speed to do anything with except for one comp. If you are on dsl or cable call the co. and ask to check your connection and average speed, just because the speed you pay for is not exactly what you get.