Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Why does my IP address keep getting blacklisted?  (Read 6467 times)

paul4917

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Why does my IP address keep getting blacklisted?
    « on: July 14, 2012, 04:17:18 PM »
    Hi guys for about 2 weeks now my IP address to a few websites keeps getting blocked so therefore I cannot access these sites, I've checked blacklistings and tested my IP and it comes up as blacklisted on a few of them.

I've reseted my router and then it's ok I get a new IP address and I can access the sites but about an hour later I'm blocked again and no access.

Have I been hacked or something for this to be reoccuring even after changing my IP address?
    I never open anything unusual in emails nor do I visit strange sites, I have a decent firewall and anti virus with a good detection rate yet a full scan says nothing.

Thanks. Paul.

gjmay12

Re: Why does my IP address keep getting blacklisted?
    « Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 04:44:13 PM »
    sounds like a security setting issue to be honest I've never heard of an IP address getting blacklisted unless they are sites that have been associated with engaging in malware infection. And you could have a malware on your system as well which is telling you this. Run R-Kill then defogger then malwarebytes scan and see what you turn up.

immental1200

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2012, 09:33:36 AM »
    sounds like a security setting issue to be honest I've never heard of an IP address getting blacklisted unless they are sites that have been associated with engaging in malware infection. And you could have a malware on your system as well which is telling you this. Run R-Kill then defogger then malwarebytes scan and see what you turn up.

Safe to ignore this reply.

It sounds like your ISP is using dynamic IP's ... and someone else on the network, is abusing them. Contact your ISP, they will investigate and hopefully stop the other users abusing their systems.

gjmay12

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 07:33:08 PM »
    so if they are abusing IP's then his computer must be included? or are they just messing around with changing people's IP's? always good to hear another opinion or answer.   thanks gjmay

immental1200

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 03:06:18 PM »
    so if they are abusing IP's then his computer must be included? or are they just messing around with changing people's IP's? always good to hear another opinion or answer.   thanks gjmay

They're abusing the IP's given to them from the ISP.
    The ISP cycles IP's through its customers, you have a dynamic IP.
    The IP changes when you restart your router, or lose connection, etc.

Google ISP dynamic IP's for more info.

His computer is most likely, not, the cause.