Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My pc bluescreened once only and now a few keys on the keyboard dont work.  (Read 2855 times)

joekillah

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    I was streaming some anime then out of nowhere my computer blue screens, it restarts fine, windows runs fine but a few letters on my keyboard stopped working. Windows 7 is OS dell inspiron n5010 is my laptop.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Good evening joekillah and welcome to CH

When you got a blue screen do you remember what the error was.

Have you done or did you do a scan with your AV suite?

The odd part if I am understanding your your question after the re-boot the PC is fine but only a couple of keys don't work. Out of curiosity what keys don't work

Welcome and hope to hear from you soon, Mike   
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

joekillah

Topic Starter

Starter

P,o,i,u,w,e,r all do not work on my keyboard there might be a couple more that i have not noticed. no i don't remember the error sorry it was too fast. I scanned using advanced system care 5. It fixed a lot of bugs among other things but i don't think it did anything to help my situation.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
      Good Evening again

To find your OS (operating system) right click "my computer" and go to properties it will tell you what one is installed on the PC

If you UN-plug the keyboard and plug it back in do those keys work again. And I would look in your device manager and see if you have any yellow ! in there. Who is to say it just may have been perfect timing / poor timing ::) for it to fail.

Please let us know how you make out, Thank you Mike
      Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

joekillah

Topic Starter

Starter

Windows 7 home premium. its a laptop dell inspiron N5010 cant really unplug it.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
        Welocome back

I am so sorry I cant read tonight and I feel like a fool. I think you still may have a bug I would suggest posting / moving this in to are antivirus / malware section. The Mod's in there should be able to move your post into there section they are very good at removing virus.

You can get to it from this link. http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/board,7.0.html

Have a great night, Mike