Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer not detecting iPod Touch  (Read 2744 times)

funguy11

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer not detecting iPod Touch
    « on: July 30, 2012, 06:57:19 PM »
    My Windows 7 computer does not detect my new iPod Touch at all. When I plug it in it does make a little "blip" noise like t's connected but my computer does not do anything. I do not get an AutoRun box asking what I want to do. If I manually go into my Control Panel and choose the option to "Find new devices" the iPod does not even appear as one of the devices to add. My iOS is the most up-to-date version and it does charge through the computer.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer not detecting iPod Touch
    « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 07:33:29 AM »
    Do you have another computer or cable to try to see if its the computer or the cable?

My brother had one of these and it had some issues. He fixed it by using a powered usb hub to power the device. For some reason his computer was able to connect and charge it, but communications wouldnt work until powered by an alternate device, so his power supply was probably enough to charge it, but when it was having to be powered and communicate, that drawed a few too many milli-amps and th connection wouldnt be made.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Computer not detecting iPod Touch
    « Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 03:45:04 PM »
    Good evening funguy11 and welcome to CH

I have seen this happen to people also

I know you said that W7 did the "ding" when it was plugged in but nothing afterwards

There are a couple of things that I have done on different PC's to fix the issue

#1... Updating the iOS (but you did this)
    #2... When you plug in the unit go into "device manager" is there any yellow ! if so "right click" on it and choose "update drivers" W7 may get and install it.
    #3... Go to your PC / motherboard Manufacture and find updated chipset drivers for your OS

Most of the time one of these do fix it, please let us know ho you make out, Mike   
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?