Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: wireless router  (Read 2420 times)

scottl2001

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    wireless router
    « on: August 05, 2012, 02:07:20 PM »
    hello -

I've got a situation where I've had my internet connection via wireless router through a modem.  Has always worked fine.  Recently I had my laptop serviced to remove viruses, and since then the wireless connection no longer works.

The router lite is on, just no internet connection.  It's a Belikin wireless router.  Internet Explorer prompts me to connect to the Belkin connection, but it simply does not connect. I even reinstalled the Belkin router software.

Using Internet explorer and Windows Vista.

Any ideas on what is wrong?

Thanks

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: wireless router
    « Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 04:45:57 PM »
    Good evening scottl2001 and welcome to CH

For your network when it was set up was there a security key / pass-phrase to connect to the router? if so try putting that in when prompted for it.

If Internet explorer see's the wireless network is the Belkin router set for wireless encryption (i.e WEP, WPA2 etc) if so the PC need's to join the network and you have to put in the security key / pass-phrase.

When your PC was fixed did they format the hard drive or did they just clean up the PC

please let us know how you make out, Mike     
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?