Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE9 video doesn't go completely full screen  (Read 8055 times)

toejamtea

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    IE9 video doesn't go completely full screen
    « on: August 02, 2012, 01:59:23 AM »
    Another post. Yay.

http://i.imgur.com/G63a1.jpg

This is after I hit the full screen button. Nothing except the video should be showing but this happens for every single video. Any fixes?

I've tried a few other sites like dailymotion and the full screen works there. So, there's something happening between IE9/Youtube or W7/Youtube, or all 3. I don't have another browser, but if anyone else does, and youtube goes full screen properly, then we can safely say the issue is IE9/Youtube. I'm pretty sure this is the case.

I'm not interested in switching browsers. I'll save that as an absolute last resort.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: IE9 video doesn't go completely full screen
    « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2012, 02:28:46 PM »
    Good evening toejamtea and welcome to CH

I went to "YouTube" using IE8 (I know you are using IE9) and to see if the full screen mode works and it does in IE8 I am assuming it should in IE9 also. When you are viewing a video clip "YouTube etc" from websites and hit "full screen" the top and bottom bars should disappear a few seconds later but if the mouse is moved the bars will come back.

Try disabling "All add-ons" in IE there may be one stopping you from using this function.

If that doesn't work and If you are using a wireless mouse try UN-plugging it and then try view the video clip again.

Please let us know how you make out, Mike     
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

toejamtea

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: August 03, 2012, 05:09:22 PM »
      Hey hartbeatmr, thanks for all your help. I already had all add-ons disabled, except what was needed for videos. I'm not entirely sure what the problem was but it stopped happening. I didn't restart, clear any data or anything. I literally did nothing and it's fine now. Given that, I think it was youtube/HTML5 related and not IE9.

Thanks again! CH has been very accomodating and useful.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 05:34:38 PM »
      Good evening toejamtea

You are very welcome if it ever comes up again, please come back we will help out again.

Sorry I as not able to fix it for you but I am very glad it is fixed, Mike   
      Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?