Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: printing  (Read 2684 times)

bobgi

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    printing
    « on: August 12, 2012, 07:28:07 PM »
    why do my printed pictures not have the same colors as is on the scrren?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: printing
    « Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, 07:56:01 PM »
    Here are some reasons.
    Your screen may need to be calibrated.
    Your photo editing program may adjust the colors to be more standard.
    Then printer needs to be cleaned or adjusted.

Another : Moist people will see colors differently on a paper that on a screen. The paper requires proper ambient lighting.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    « Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, 11:13:15 PM »
    Good evening bobgi

Everything Geek-9pm is telling is the truth but here are a couple of things you may not be aware of.
    Here are some reasons.
    Your screen may need to be calibrated.
    Your photo editing program may adjust the colors to be more standard.
    Then printer needs to be cleaned or adjusted.

Another : Moist people will see colors differently on a paper that on a screen. The paper requires proper ambient lighting.

If you are talking about prints that come out of a laser-jet printer will NOT look as good as they do on your monitor they will look better when they are printed on a inkjet printer but still not perfect. Most not all laser jets are meant for high yield and being cheap per page on prints. 

Programs like Photoshop you can make changes like "no color adjustment" I have found this to be very effective on a lot of photo editing programs by making that small change.

Aftermarket ink or toner cartridges may not have as nice of print jobs as the original OEM cart's I am not saying all 3rd party cart's are bad but some 3rd party cart's are so so and some are so good that you have a hard time telling if they are not OEM's. 

Maybe there is a updated driver for your printer that may help?

Hope this helps you, Mike   

Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 02:03:21 PM »
      To add to what has already been noted there can also be a difference of quality in the print project caused by the quality level you select for the job. Fine can produce a better picture (also uses more ink (if we are talking inkjet). I would suggest experimenting with that variable. There can also be differences of colour and quality from brand to brand and even model to model.If quality prints are important you may want to compare what you have with others that place an emphasis on picture quality.truenorth

Jeremiah5

• Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: August 17, 2012, 01:22:20 AM »
        Hi, all friends. I have the same problem. I don't know how to fix it. I will follow your ways. Thank you.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
        « Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 02:14:59 AM »
        Good morning Jeremiah5 and welcome to CH

Please start your own post.

Once again welcome and thank you, Mike
        Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?