Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Daryl J Hudson III Facing Window 7 Error  (Read 2922 times)

daryljhudson

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Daryl J Hudson III Facing Window 7 Error
    « on: August 13, 2012, 01:34:57 AM »

Hello,

I create various new changes today but Support pack 1 for window 7 maintains declining giving me the fault message 80070005.  I am using the Windows Up-date software under the start bar,  I have window 7 64 Pro.

I have used 2 times today, it gets to around 98-100% downloadable after which displays the error and the choice to retry.

I'm utilizing an Admin account and also have default Windows options with AVG 2011 Antivirus software installed.

Generally I don't have any issues installing updates.

Any ideas would be valued.

Thanks
    Daryl J Hudson III

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Daryl J Hudson III Facing Window 7 Error
    « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 02:41:08 AM »
    Good morning daryljhudson and welcome back to CH

I have seen the Windows Update error 80070005. Go to C:Windows and right click the Windows folder and click on Properties and checked "Hidden". You must be logged on with your administrator account. If you see administrator privileges box and clicked Continue. When it says it can't apply to certain files just click "ignore all". Let it run and make all the files in the Windows folder hidden. When that is finished, then immediately uncheck the hidden box and let it do it's thing again, unhiding all the Windows files.

Now you should be able do Windows Update and it should work like a charm. Some times the file attributes get changed for some reason.

Please let us know how you make out, Mike 
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Daryl J Hudson III Facing Window 7 Error
    « Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 05:01:32 AM »
    You may also want to try it with AVG sisabled...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "