Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Disk volume increased but hidden  (Read 3526 times)

marsky

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Disk volume increased but hidden
    « on: August 09, 2012, 10:30:06 AM »
    Hello.
    I got sort of problem as a mysticism with hard drive. It seems I feel the reasons. I did a several unsuccessful torrent downloads which ones was abruptly ended without an plan and warnings. It not very awful by itself but pity is that now disc are slowing boots and workout programs badly. Pentium 1.4, RAM 640, HDD 40. Also those torrent files occupy 2MG regardless I deleted all setups and visible downloads. What happened? If it possibly? Where I need to find stolen storage and how?
    Thankful for support.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Disk volume increased but hidden
      « Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 10:42:02 AM »
      Given the coincident issue arising when involved with torrent downloads my recommendation would be for you to repost on the virus/malware forum and abide by the instructions of the experts there.truenorth

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:42:51 AM »
      Please follow the instructions in the following link and post your logs in the thread you create (NOT in this thread):
      http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,46313.0.html

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 10:45:33 AM »
      If you have a 40GB Hard Drive you are not going to see 40GB usable due to the fact that drives are marketed as being 40GB, but the actual usable space will be more like 37GB or 38GB usable due to numeric conversion.

It is possible for stuff to hide on your drive and eat up space if that is what you feel you have for a problem. To fix this you will want to search for hidden files and folders, but not all hidden file and folders are bad, so you will need to verify if its good or bad when you find them. Windows normally has hidden files and folders.

If the system slowed way down after a bad torrent, it could be viral. Have you performed a virus scan?