Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: pc problem  (Read 3141 times)

maverick514

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    pc problem
    « on: August 08, 2012, 12:12:11 PM »
    yesterday i disconnect all the cables of my computer bcoz of heavy rain. then now i put back all the cables.but the problem is.. if i open my pc only redlight is on. no display. i change my power supply,my memory i change also.  i clean the motherboard. but its not working. everytime i open my pc only redlight is on,,pls help me,whats the touble it is...tnx

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: pc problem
    « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 01:20:52 PM »
    Remove battery from laptop, try to power it to drain it with battery out, then install battery and power it up? Any change in status with it then?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: August 08, 2012, 01:23:55 PM »
    I'm guessing it's not a laptop, but I'm also guessing you knew that and it's just a typo.

maverick514

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2012, 02:14:44 AM »
      its  not a laptop,a desktop computer...

DaveLembke

Sage
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 07:19:54 AM »
      if i open my pc only redlight is on. no display. i change my power supply,my memory i change also.  i clean the motherboard. but its not working. everytime i open my pc only redlight is on

Opening a PC to me meant Laptop...LOL  ;D ... But now we know its a Desktop we have a different direction to go with this. Changing power supply I also took as changing the AC/DC power supply for the laptop.

Kind of strange that you took corrective actions to avoid catastrophe and the corrective action lead to it. At this point the only thing I can think of is the extremely rare occurrence of an open circuit on the motherboard which was created during the removal of cords. Such as if a cord was yanked vs safely removed etc. Which i am guessing is not the situation. Or if the computer was damaged some other way between unplugged and plugged back in.

Right now the only option i can think of other than replacing the main board is try to get the system to boot under a minimal boot. Disconnect all drives and if you have a video card and integrated video available, try to get the motherboard to post with nothing connected to it except for keyboard, power supply, and display to integrated video, since you already swapped out the power supply and its very unlikely that a 2nd supply causes the same symptoms if known to be good! If you can get it to post then add one device back at a time when powered down and see how far you can go before you get the red light symptoms again which will point out the troubled device that is causing this.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 08:40:15 AM »
        I would like a better understanding of what you actually did and why you did it.
        1.It sounds like you became aware of an imminent storms where you became concerned about either a power loss or a lightening strike. Is that correct? 2.When you say you disconnected "all" the cables to your computer what cables specifically did you disconnect? As far as the computer itself is concerned the only cable that need to be disconnected was the power cord from the wall.
        3.Was the computer already off when you did this? Or was it still on and not shut down properly?
        4. I am mystified as to why you felt it necessary to do so many things including changing parts after all you did was to remove power. Why did you decide to do all that?
        5. Were you having any problems with the computer before you decided to unplug it?
        truenorth 

maverick514

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 11:19:08 AM »
          thats why i removed all the plug-in cable like power cable.data cable,mouse.k.board etc. ..because of flood,cause of heavy rain. after that i put all back try to use my computer. but sad to say,my computer its not working properly
          i dont know what happen,maybe bcoz of i unplug all. i dont think so.
               my question is...my motherboard is dead? pls. give me some reason why its happen to  computer.
          amd athlon 64 x3  dual core
          foxconn A6VMX    for example my board is dead. can u give me a any model or brand compatible to my processor?
          pls...give the reason why only redlight is open to my computer? but ps is working,fan,hdd,memory. tnx a lot for your advice soon.