Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: No internet connection  (Read 3620 times)

ehamblen

Topic Starter

Beginner

No internet connection
    « on: August 15, 2012, 05:12:30 PM »
    I have a Toshiba laptop - Satellite L755D S7332    Es5.0, serial# B559, Part# -00D00Pwith Windows 7 as the OS.
    I had a worm and was forced to format the D and reinstall the OS (Win 7). Since re-installing the OS I have no internet connection. When I go to the Device Manager it shows that (4) items have exclamation marks beside them All f them are in "Other Devices" and are named as follows:
    Ethernet Controller
    Network Controller
    SM Bus Controller
    and
    Unknown Device.
    I have went to Toshiba's web site and d/l what I think is the right driver for the computer. I installed the driver, but still no connection!
    When I try to update the driver from the computer a screen appears that states, Windows could not find driver software for this device.   
    Can anyone please advise me what actions I can take to try to correct this problem?
    Thank You

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: No internet connection
    « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 11:59:22 PM »
    When I try to update the driver from the computer
    Please install the downloaded and correct drivers obtain from the manufacturing support site and not from the device manager.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: No internet connection
    « Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 01:49:11 AM »
    Good morning ahamblen and welcome to CH

Here is the link for your laptop http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/modelContent.jsp?ct=DL&os=&category=&moid=3132759&rpn=PSK40U&modelFilter=L775D-S7332&selCategory=2756709&selFamily=1073768663

just pick you windows version and bit version either 32 or 64 then download
    your wireless card drivers this maybe a realtek unit, onboard network card this maybe a realtek lan, smbus is part of the video drivers this maybe the AMD display driver and the unknown device maybe a card reader realtek card reader or a Bluetooth driver "Bluetooth stack"

Hope this helps you please let us know how you make out, Mike
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?