Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 8 graphics drivers not installing (AMD Radeon and Intel)  (Read 10753 times)

sarcasticphoenix

Topic Starter

Rookie
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Hello, I have a HP DV6-6173cl laptop. Recently, I installed Windows 8 after I swapped to a new hard drive, and I need to reinstall my graphics drivers. My laptop has both Intel HD 3000 and Radeon HD graphics.
    The graphics drivers were found pretty quickly, for AMD and Intel both bad updated their graphics drivers to support Windows 8.
    However, when I try to install the Radeon HD drivers, everything such as Catalyst control center installs perfectly fine, but the graphics driver always fails to install. The log says:

Driver Install: the specified driver package was not installed for matching devices

Also, when I try to install the Intel graphics drivers, the installer tells me either one of these:

The setup program failed to install one or more device drivers.
    Setup will exit.

This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software.

I also tried to update the drivers through device manager, but the Catalyst Control Center that I installed tells me that the graphics driver needs to be updated.
    What can I do to fix this problem and install the drivers?
    -------------------------
    This is my signature!

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Windows 8 graphics drivers not installing (AMD Radeon and Intel)
    « Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 07:51:00 PM »
    Never use Windows for driver updates...

2nd Rule of Thumb:: Laptop drivers should ALWAYS come from the laptop manuf. site...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

sarcasticphoenix

Topic Starter

Rookie
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 08:28:06 PM »
      Yep, manually downloaded drivers from the manufacture's site.
      HP has all drivers.
      Yet they don't work...
      Nor do the drivers from the components' sites.
      -------------------------
      This is my signature!

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 09:30:15 PM »
      Good evening sarcasticphoenix and welcome back to CH

I honestly don't know how much luck you will have I went to HP and your DV6-6173cl only shows windows 7 drivers. They do have 32 and 64 bit but I didn't find any W8 drivers. Windows 8 is still only a release preview.

More than likely the drivers that got installed were from windows update and not from HP. I did how ever find them from AMD if you want to try them http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/Windows8ConsumerPreviewDrivers.aspx and at Intel's site I found nothing sorry

Hope this helps   
      Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?