Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Formatting Hard Drive  (Read 3655 times)

zebra3

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Formatting Hard Drive
    « on: August 19, 2012, 06:56:24 PM »
    MY son work's for a software developer. Thier mgr ordered 3 ASUS computers with 500 GB Harddrives from Seagate. All three computer's dropped dead due to the Hard Drive failing. To make a long story short he gave away the computer's for free. It only cost me $75.00 for a 250GB Western digital.

This is my question. Since no resecue disk could be made. I went to the website "MY Digital" and downloaded an image of Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1. I had the Windows Key.

When I used this download I noticed it did not ask me to formatt the harddrive. I know the new HD is not formatted, the laptop seem's to be running fine.

Should I be concerned that the drive was not formmatted?

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Formatting Hard Drive
    « Reply #1 on: August 19, 2012, 07:14:17 PM »
    Good evening zebra3 and welcome to CH

When Windows 7 goes to install on a blank HD (hard drive) it does a quick format only so that is why it may have seemed to be quick or may have appeared it didn't do it at all and went right to the install.

Hope this helps, but so long as you got a good legal copy and you have a legit key you should be fine. Mike
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

zebra3

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: August 19, 2012, 07:47:26 PM »
      Thank You hartbeatmr. Have a nice evening!!

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: August 19, 2012, 07:55:13 PM »
      Good evening zebra3

You are very welcome any time you need something please come and see us ;D

Enjoy, Mike
      Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?