Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Duat boot windows 7 and Windows XP  (Read 24164 times)

comda

Topic Starter

Adviser
    • Yes
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Duat boot windows 7 and Windows XP
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2012, 04:24:09 PM »
Alright! I finally Got my system up and running and i'd like to take this opportunity to thank computerhope and all those who helped in this post! Since i had a hard time figuring this out and couldn't find anything online of how to do it with AMD chipset i shall explain how i found a simple and easy way to get this to work:

First:

I downloaded and installed this application called nlite. A simple app that lets you customize any Cd and create one. you can download a fully legal copy from their cite here:

http://www.nliteos.com/

Next, using my old system i inserted my Legal cd of windows XP 64bit and copied all continents into a folder on my desktop.
i then copied the ahcix64.inf driver to another folder in my desktop. Next i opened nlite and followed a simple guide found here:

http://aps2.toshiba-tro.de/kb0/TSB85017Z0000R01.htm
jsut scroll down.

then after it created the ISO i siimply burned it to a CD and poped it into my new system and didnt even have to hit F6 it found the drivers and installed away. after installing windows XP i simply installed windows 7 on second partition and the boot menu automatically was created.
Once again big thanks to all who helped out in this LONG and painful process and thanks for being patient with me as im not the smartest in computers i learn along the way. :)

Its safe to say this can be marked as solved. thanks COmptuerhope!

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Duat boot windows 7 and Windows XP
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2012, 04:42:27 PM »
Good evening comda and welcome back to CH

That is great news  ;D ;D and yes using a program like nlite is nice isn't it. I didn't even think that telling you about it sorry that's my bad.

I knew that you would get it. You were very determined and that's a good thing !!

Enjoy, Mike

PS thank you for taking the time once you were all set and coming back to let us know.  ;D ;D   
Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?